GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
They're issuing that for the shift knob trim. Unless I'm misunderstanding, his issue is with the shift knob itself.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^Yep, knob itself! about time for the trim though haha, luckily though that is fine on my car

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Yep, I know the chick who runs TAW personally. She's super shady and flat out lies about the origin of the wheels.
yeah ive heard before

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
The chorus comes to mind

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Ok, modding has begun!

Car came with so far:
Apr intake
Apr catch can
Apr downpipe
Apr stage 2 midrange tune
Apr dsg tune
VW roof rack
Mk7.5 euro taillights

And i think thats it
So far i upgraded to the AWD GFB DV+, Apr inlet pipe, ecs intake tube, ecs turbo muffler delete.

I traded the wheels it cane with for some minty fresh brand new 18x9 rpf1s on 245/40/18 Nitto Neo Gen tires. As you will see they look fantastic and poke just a hair which i am partial too. No rubs so far. The michelin pilot sport 4s tires i had before were better though i will say.

Also replaced my peeling dsg knob to a leyo knob, added leyo climate control rings.
Not pictured but also got the RGB Deautokey footwell lights for boy racer status

Finally also upgraded the oem subwoofer as others have done and it sounds much better, not that i play music often when you have the ea888 soundtrack!

20220130_141131.jpg
20220130_142215.jpg
20220130_142251.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
20220130_142301.jpg
20220130_142310.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
here's an update on the led footwells... and chooch.

1643983296043.png

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
So far i upgraded to the AWD GFB DV+, Apr inlet pipe, ecs intake tube, ecs turbo muffler delete.
You still buying this stuff after like 5 VWs? I see about $600 in spending on basically nothing here. 1/3rd of a hybrid turbo browski.

But damn the car looks good, I would have never imaged I would like that neutral color... its awesome. Also makes you a bit less noticeable to traffic cops.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^ thanks and point well taken! its all for the boostyboi noises, you know that!

e85 blend coming once I.E. releases it for the AWD MQB platform!

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
^ thanks and point well taken! its all for the boostyboi noises, you know that!

e85 blend coming once I.E. releases it for the AWD MQB platform!

yeah I also believe at this point that the GFB DV+ is not only not an upgrade, but is actually a downgrade. Nothing wrong with OEM DV. If you want soundz get a DV spacer or open intake imo. But it’s your car man do what makes you happy. I know you’re back and forth with MK5/6/7 but the Gen 3 doesn’t have most of the design flaws that were present on Gen 1/2