Car(s)
GTI PP
the neuspeed one looks like the car has an over bite, kinda
I was gonna say underbite.

Like the new captain america

MK7Swaggn

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
New member here! I have been lurking around for a while, but just officially became a member.. I am really interested in a spoiler extension of some kind and this looked like a good option but after seeing some of the comments about the orange peel and seeing it in the photos I might be looking for another option. Has anyone done a comparison between this, Strafe Design, Maxton, and Aerofabb? I really want perfect fit and finish, not looking to put garbage on my car. Are there any other brands out there that I am missing?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
New member here! I have been lurking around for a while, but just officially became a member.. I am really interested in a spoiler extension of some kind and this looked like a good option but after seeing some of the comments about the orange peel and seeing it in the photos I might be looking for another option. Has anyone done a comparison between this, Strafe Design, Maxton, and Aerofabb? I really want perfect fit and finish, not looking to put garbage on my car. Are there any other brands out there that I am missing?
dunno if this is true or exaggerated or what but strafe takes a while to send your stuff, allegedly. i have a rennwagen and its solid as hell, no issues. I've seen the aerofab in person, it's nice but that logo. I didn't dig that aesthetic personally, but if you do then that might be up your alley!

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Thanks for the heads up about Strafe. D you have any close up photos of your Rennwagen? I don’t mind the Aerofabb logo. Pretty much every company that takes pride in their product puts a logo on it.
@Acadia18 recorded a video but I can't find it. Though I admit my effort was low. Here are pics of mine.
IMG_7732.JPG
IMG_7584.JPG
IMG_7576.JPG

as far as the logo thing, if you're cool with it then who am I to argue? It is your money after all. (y)

MK7Swaggn

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
@Acadia18 recorded a video but I can't find it. Though I admit my effort was low. Here are pics of mine.
View attachment 212600View attachment 212601View attachment 212602
as far as the logo thing, if you're cool with it then who am I to argue? It is your money after all. (y)
Thanks for the pics. I am looking for close ups of the fit around the factory side pieces and spoiler, as well as the powder coat finish. I was looking at another thread where some one claimed that the fit and finish was terrible and I was hoping to see some pics of others to make to see if it was just that one or if they all have the same finish.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Thanks for the pics. I am looking for close ups of the fit around the factory side pieces and spoiler, as well as the powder coat finish. I was looking at another thread where some one claimed that the fit and finish was terrible and I was hoping to see some pics of others to make to see if it was just that one or if they all have the same finish.
Check out the Rennwagen site. There’s a few pics there. Fit and finish was perfect for me and tons of others. Packaging was solid too.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
View attachment 212600View attachment 212601View attachment 212602

At least you're honest 😂

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/spoiler-extensions.382195/post-7624517

Check out the Rennwagen site. There’s a few pics there. Fit and finish was perfect for me and tons of others. Packaging was solid too.

What would you call "perfect finish" though? Is yours smooth like glass, or have the orange peel texture?

1620239826267.png

Personally, I'd call the finish on mine "perfect". It's free from flaws and defects. There's no nicks or scratches, divots, drips, etc... It has a pretty heavy orange peel texture, but to me that isn't a defect, that's an assumed aspect of powder coated aluminum. I got exactly what I was anticipating.

The complaints that are coming up are from people unhappy about that. Which like I said in another post, is a personal choice. Some people consider the orange peel effect a "defect". I'm not an expert on powdercoating, but it's my understanding to get a glass smooth surface on a powdercoated aluminum surface, it's a much more expensive and time consuming process.

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
At least you're honest 😂

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/spoiler-extensions.382195/post-7624517

What would you call "perfect finish" though? Is yours smooth like glass, or have the orange peel texture?

View attachment 212605

Personally, I'd call the finish on mine "perfect". It's free from flaws and defects. There's no nicks or scratches, divots, drips, etc... It has a pretty heavy orange peel texture, but to me that isn't a defect, that's an assumed aspect of powder coated aluminum. I got exactly what I was anticipating.

The complaints that are coming up are from people unhappy about that. Which like I said in another post, is a personal choice. Some people consider the orange peel effect a "defect". I'm not an expert on powdercoating, but it's my understanding to get a glass smooth surface on a powdercoated aluminum surface, it's a much more expensive and time consuming process.
If nothing I am an honest asshole

give it a coat of spray wax, the added shine hides it and kind of levels that. I consider it perfect because I looked at pics from others and got exactly what I saw others got. Then again I am old enough to know what pc materials look like. That peel isnt even noticeable unless I am in its face.

Anyways, I gave it a coat of the hybrid ceramic spray from tw. As soon as it wears down I'm going to spray it with seal and shine since it lasts a bit longer with just one coat.

PeterV

Car(s)
Golf mk7.5
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=VXNfWmVWb3RaQWs5MFhxZGw2M1RrcmUzMU9UZkZn

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
If nothing I am an honest asshole

give it a coat of spray wax, the added shine hides it and kind of levels that. I consider it perfect because I looked at pics from others and got exactly what I saw others got. Then again I am old enough to know what pc materials look like. That peel isnt even noticeable unless I am in its face.

Anyways, I gave it a coat of the hybrid ceramic spray from tw. As soon as it wears down I'm going to spray it with seal and shine since it lasts a bit longer with just one coat.
You can make that thing look flawless by buying $10 worth of gloss black vinyl wrap and wrapping it prior to install.