GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remove cam girdle/cover without removing lower timing cover?

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
Anymore info on this TSB?
Not much more.

All I recall is them telling me that VW originally had the sealant changed and to be applied to the spark plug rings and the outer sealing points between the head and girdle only, but was eventually revised to include the entire contact patch. This would later include the inner portion of the contact too, such as the ports coming from/going to the oil pan/crank case/PCV drain port, etc.

I know the red sealant was replaced by the green one but I don't know if there is a newer one and or if all this info is on the same TSB. It's likely there is more than one.

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
good to know. I have to replace the rings/gaskets of the vacuum pump as well so i guess this would work out for me. so just to confirm, what are my steps for this process? Would I zip tie the cams down before removing the cam girdle? Would I be able to zip tie the exhaust cam down just after removing the vacuum pump? Or would it have to be after the cam girdle is off? As for the intake I’m assuming it would be with the girdle one through the pcv opening as u said right?
You zip-tie and fasten everything before you lift the girdle off. You don't remove anything until the cams are locked in place.

Also, be sure to reinstall the actuators in the same spots.

Last edited:

ruby

Car(s)
Mk6 GTi
You zip-tie and fasten everything before you lift the girdle off. You don't remove anything until the cams are locked in place.

Also, be sure to reinstall the actuators in the same spots.
Actuators? Sorry do u mind saying what those are and where are they’re located?