GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recommended Hampton Roads APR dealers/VW tuner shops/Service?

rs999

Go Kart Champion
I am going to be doing some work down in Hampton Roads in the next couple of months specifically in the Chesapeake and Norfolk areas.

Can anyone suggest a good APR dealer/VW tuner and dealer to get service at while I am down there?

Some I found Googling:

• Checkered Flag VW
  • Euro Pros Auto Repair
  • Dyno Tuned Performance

Any of these good? Any others? I'll probably be living in furnished temporary housing in the Chesapeake (Greenbrier) section, Residence Inn FTW!

Thanks.

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
Any rec's? Hello?
I would suggest Racewerks in Virginia Beach. Euro Pros is in Yorktown is not your closest option if you're in Chesapeake. I would not recommend the Checkered Flag VW dealership.

Last edited:

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
So which dealer is good for warranty service?

For non VW dealership/stealership service, maybe checkout Autohaus in Yorktown (a specialty German, and other imports, auto service and dealership), otherwise for VW service, your other best dealership service alternative would have to be Checkered Flag VW in Virginia Beach, which has better recommendations than Greenbrier Volkswagen in Chesapeake.

Whatcha doing while you're down here?

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
For non VW dealership/stealership service, maybe checkout Autohaus in Yorktown (a specialty German, and other imports, auto service and dealership), otherwise for VW service, your other best dealership service alternative would have to be Checkered Flag VW in Virginia Beach, which has better recommendations than Greenbrier Volkswagen in Chesapeake.

Stay away from Casey Volkswagen for warranty work; nothing but bad reviews there.

rs999

Go Kart Champion

I will be doing IT contracting/consulting. I'm from Chesapeake so I am familiar with the area, I just never owned a VW while I lived down there.

rs999

Go Kart Champion
Going to EuroPro's in Yorktown for test-pipe K04 flash. I love Hampton Roads!!!!!!

VAGlover1

Ready to race!

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
How was your experience with Euro Pro's? I'm taking my 2006 Audi B7 A4 there today...will inquire about APR stage 1 as well (will promise myself to leave my CC at home...).

rs999

Go Kart Champion
How about Southern AKA Greenbrier VW, are they ok? They came in with a 1.9 on Dealer Rater but they are closer to me than driving all the way out to lynnhaven to go to Checkered Flag VW.

deadfm

Passed Driver's Ed
How about Southern AKA Greenbrier VW, are they ok? They came in with a 1.9 on Dealer Rater but they are closer to me than driving all the way out to lynnhaven to go to Checkered Flag VW.

I dealt with Greenbrier VW initially when I started looking for my GTI. I can't really speak as to their service dept's expertise, however the salesman tried to tell me they didn't make GTI's in a 4 door trim only 2 door. I literally walked 100ft and sitting on their lot was a black 4 door GTI. I'd maybe say you should take the drive.

rs999

Go Kart Champion
I dealt with Greenbrier VW initially when I started looking for my GTI. I can't really speak as to their service dept's expertise, however the salesman tried to tell me they didn't make GTI's in a 4 door trim only 2 door. I literally walked 100ft and sitting on their lot was a black 4 door GTI. I'd maybe say you should take the drive.

I was hoping to take advantage of the free maintenance from VW: 3 oil changes, 3 rotations, and 1 cabin air filter.

But it may not be worth it. I might just goto Dave @ EuroPros or Dellinger's Auto Service in Suffolk.

Dellinger's did great work on my brother's Camry and were very upfront with the work order. Plus they only suggested services, no hard sell. :thumbsup:

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
I was hoping to take advantage of the free maintenance from VW: 3 oil changes, 3 rotations, and 1 cabin air filter.

But it may not be worth it. I might just goto Dave @ EuroPros or Dellinger's Auto Service in Suffolk.

Dellinger's did great work on my brother's Camry and were very upfront with the work order. Plus they only suggested services, no hard sell. :thumbsup:

Good to know. I went to Dellinger's for tires, since they're a Conti dealer.

Thinking of going to EuroPros to get pads and fluid flush, but not sure of the req'd timeline - i hate to sit waiting for hours. Usually i deal with Casey VW and they've been decent, they don't give me crap about the tune and give me a loaner if it'll be long.