GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent Behavior On the Forum

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Fuck yeah...peace, love, happiness...all that shit on top of an ice cream sundae wrapped in sailor moon's vaginal skin

Wil Funnel Cake with ice cream and strawberries suffice as a substitute...

SRT2GTI

Banned
I would dump the VS section as well. It promotes illegal street racing and definitely gives off a douchebag high schooler vibe in general. If the section was called Legal drag/track racing or whatever, it would attract less trolling.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Biggest issue for me is people creating threads without searching this site (or the internet) for the answer. Incredibly annoying.

Or too many negative people posting about REP wheels....wasting bandwidth. :)

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
What really really surprises me is you guys let people with less than 50 posts access the private sale thread. I know other forums won't let people sell anything or buy anything until they hit that mark. Lastly I know they have a little feedback score thingy under where the posts count is on ppl's account.

I think that would help make the Private FS a lot more safe feeling. Maybe its just me tho?

That and I would like to add a site to help with protecting members. It's called Heatware.com. Everyone has their own ID and you can look back at it for feedback on those buyers/sellers. Other sites have started to use it and I do. Comes in handy.

http://heatware.com/

Also take pictures of the items with a paper with your forum ID on it and date. So you are actually posting the product you are selling. This is how my350z works.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
I'm not a fan of the VS section either but don't want to censor and those threads are inevitable on car forums. Nice to keep them in 1 section.

There had been discussion on a min post count/time on forum to sell. At the end of the day, doesn't really add any additional protection. Its always buyer beware.

I've asked to install the Google search bar but they didn't bite. I don't think its a huge problem and members don't see a many of the failure to search threads because I usually merge when possible.

vs section needs to go. It's not allowed on most forums anymore because it's illegal anyways. If anyone posts a street race, it gets deleted instantly. It brings the kids in here and the ones that race and get killed which sadly did happen to someone on here not to long ago racing his bike. :(

GTIwannagofast

Ready to race!
if we at stating stupid stuff that people do....
i hate when someone makes a new thread that goes something like:
"i ordered some parts... they'll be here in a week... it'll be awesome..."

i hate it so much.... i (and probably everyone else) don't give a sh*t about what parts you ordered... make a build thread, and post that crap in there if you want.

MReyes

Ready to race!
if we at stating stupid stuff that people do....
i hate when someone makes a new thread that goes something like:
"i ordered some parts... they'll be here in a week... it'll be awesome..."

i hate it so much.... i (and probably everyone else) don't give a sh*t about what parts you ordered... make a build thread, and post that crap in there if you want.

I'm not sure but are you referancing this perhaps:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38775

:lol:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Or the countless LED tail light threads

TDI110

O_o
WTF is wrong with this forum lately? I get on and not only is there shit threads with people constantly asking the same damn question (As well as some that were twice within the same hour), there are pissing matches left and right. I'm talking serious pissing matches. There hasnt been a good clean debate for a while.

No wonder I've slacked off my posting lately.

That's actually why I haven't been posting much lately as well. Let's not forget the constant bombardment of spammers.

Last edited:

arichmond1003

Ready to race!
I'm not opposed to most of the suggestions that where given. I'm not opposed to the VS section being shut down or changed to help promote a more legal type or racing. I too feel that it is "high schoolish" to brag about beating something on the street, and that's why I don't do it. Also, I wouldn't be against new member being put on a "probation" period. I know that I don't post on here very often, but that's because I don't feel the need to. I search a lot, with the one found in the forum and google, but when I do have a question, I ask it.

And I koto like a good laugh and can take a joke, so I don't mind some of the smart ass responses as long as they're all read in context.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Figured I'd bring this back up for the Mods after seeing several threads get locked within the past couple days.

Forums are fun and a great place to share ideas, but some times those ideas can get skewed, and when this happens threads get locked. Just remember, this is the interwebz, not real life. There is a lot more out there than either being right or wrong on the interwebz. Happy posting everyone! :thumbsup: