GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Spacers Question

MQB_7.5R

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Golf R(s)
I have a set of Racingline 70mm studs installed on my mk7.5 Golf R. These are advertised to work with up to 10mm spacers.

My Macan brake upgrade will require 10mm spacers up front, which is not an issue. I would like to also put 10mm spacers on the rear to match, but I am seeing people having issues with hubs not seating correctly. 10mm is too short to sit on the hub properly. ShopDAP has claimed an 11mm spacer will solve the hub issue. Is 1mm extra a bad idea on my studs since they are only rated for 10mm?

Or does anyone have 10mm spacers in the rear that do not have hub issue that can respond?

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Are you lowered? How big are your tires? Why not just get 15mm on all 4 corners? That ends up looking truly flush. I have had my car with 15mm spacers for the last 4 years, literally zero problems... 235/35/19

MQB_7.5R

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Golf R(s)
Are you lowered? How big are your tires? Why not just get 15mm on all 4 corners? That ends up looking truly flush. I have had my car with 15mm spacers for the last 4 years, literally zero problems... 235/35/19
Still stock height for now on 235/25/19. I have the stud conversion already so I don't need longer bolts. The stud conversion only allows me up to 10mm.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
IF* you want to have the similar spacing (tire-fender edge) front and rear you will need a 15mm spacer in the back. Almost every single FWD car is offset 5mm from the front. That's why almost every "flush" kit is sold a 10/15 or 15/20. I use 15/20mm spacer with my OEM wheels.

Are you using stock wheels? If so, yes, you will need the 15mm in the rear to accommodate for the hub centering ring on the spacer. If you are using an aftermarket wheel with a 66 or bigger hub you can order a set of 10mm spacers with the OEM size hub to wheel size ie. 57mm hub to 66mm wheel or get a 66/66 spacer with a 57/66 ring.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Almost every single FWD car is offset 5mm from the front.

You know there is a reason for that, right? Its to have a wider track at the front.... better handling.... I would do the same spacing in all 4 corners....
If you do 15mm all around, the 15 in the rear is almost flush, it looks great. (20mm would be flush)

OP needs as little spacer as possible in the rear bc his stud kit can only accommodate up to 10mm spacers and he needs to use 10mm spacer for the Macan calipers up front already...

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
10mm spacers won't work on this car, there are a few members here that had the centering ring sheared off because of the minimum material left when turning them to size. If you don't care about it, no issues then. This cars rely too much on the hub centric system, you can look up the amount of threads of people having issues with cheap rings, even when properly torque settings.

Here is one of them.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/hub-of-spacer-broke-off-what-the.377344/

MQB_7.5R

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Golf R(s)
10mm spacers won't work on this car, there are a few members here that had the centering ring sheared off because of the minimum material left when turning them to size. If you don't care about it, no issues then. This cars rely too much on the hub centric system, you can look up the amount of threads of people having issues with cheap rings, even when properly torque settings.

Here is one of them.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/hub-of-spacer-broke-off-what-the.377344/
Gotcha. I will probably do 10mm up front to clear my brakes and none in the back. I plan on getting APEX or NEUSPEED wheels eventually so the car won't be on the stock wheels much.