GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spacers in Rear Only

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I would like to push my excessively tucked in rear wheels out a bit. Is it a problem running spacers in the rear only? How much would the steering be affected?

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
A wider rear track will exacerbate understeer. Whether you notice will depend your type of driving, suspension setup, and spacer width.

For performance driving spacers in the front only along with a little rake will make turn in a tad sharper

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
A wider rear track will exacerbate understeer. Whether you notice will depend your type of driving, suspension setup, and spacer width.

For performance driving spacers in the front only along with a little rake will make turn in a tad sharper

Hm... I am lowered. 25mm hollow RSB. Pretty good turn in, canyon carving not a problem, pretty close to being neutral. Perhaps spacers in the rear only would pair well with a stiffer RSB?

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
26mm RSB and 15mm spacers rear only. 8" wide wheels all around, but the rears still looked tucked without spacers. Looks perfect now and no issues with handling or tire wear etc. Before RSB, no problems either.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Mine has 10mm spacers on the rear and I don't notice any additional understeer.

20200525_150514.jpg

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
Noob ?'s - just cuz I read varying takes on this in various vdub places online
and this
golfmk7 forum seems most "race experience authority tech expertise" place to ask.

1. is stock Alltrack set up with equal width of track, front and rear? If not, whats the numbers? How do I find out?

2. When people say "rake" that normally infers to me front is lower height than rear. Correct?

reverse rake is when butt sags, right?

Whats the Proper best way to measure it? Inside Top of fender to center axle?
Inside top of fender to ground?
Some accepted reference point underneatg for ride clearance?

whats the stock setup?
(I am aware of the optical illusion of different diameter wheel wells and gap, thx)

TIA.
-skeej

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Which 10mm spacers are you using in the rear? Most aren't deep enough to clear the center bore of the rear hub. I'd like to get a pair of the 10mm.
ECS spacers. You are supposed to pry the stock hub cover off to make them fit but that wasn't necessary on my '19. At some point, VW changed the rear rotors, making the hub smaller and part of the casting.