GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear chassis question

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Is there a reason why the rear chassis flexes way way less on the dcc shocks vs on the s and se? Or is that just some kind of artificial feeling?

I haven’t tracked the gti yet but I’ve noticed that the frontside of the chassis feels real good. Very tight too as if it were braced Already. On the SE I got to play with, the rear had a huge amount of flex. The rear chassis was crazy sloppy. I thought the rear chassis on my autobahn felt bad till I drove the se. I mentioned it to my friend so then he drove my autobahn

he completely agreed. My rear chassis felt tighter and better braced.

is it due to the dcc? Is the rear sway bar different on the autobahn? Anyone else? If so, why?

and to the guys that swapped in dcc bilstein shocks. How does your rear feel after the new damptronics vs the stock shocks?

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Agree with what David said. Look at the design. The front has 3 rubber bushings per side (top of the strut, forward LCA, rear LCA bushings). Now compare that to the multilink in the rear, which has 8 or 9 bushings per side.

Tires will make a huge difference too. If your car and the car you drove were on different rubber the back end could feel much squishier.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Agree with what David said. Look at the design. The front has 3 rubber bushings per side (top of the strut, forward LCA, rear LCA bushings). Now compare that to the multilink in the rear, which has 8 or 9 bushings per side.

Tires will make a huge difference too. If your car and the car you drove were on different rubber the back end could feel much squishier.
I’m on the stock crappy Bridgestone tires. My buddy was on p4s’s

@Lord_Flexington have you ever noticed the phenomenon I’m talking about? Or is it just me?

bfury5

Autocross Champion

@Lord_Flexington have you ever noticed the phenomenon I’m talking about? Or is it just me?
Most likely just bushings then. Could be a little different low-speed valving in the DCC to combat body roll but without shock dyno data for a DCC and non-DCC shock that's just pure speculation.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Most likely just bushings then. Could be a little different low-speed valving in the DCC to combat body roll but without shock dyno data for a DCC and non-DCC shock that's just pure speculation.
I haven’t been able to find the shock dyno’s either.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
I haven’t been able to find the shock dyno’s either.
I doubt anyone has one for DCC. You'd have to have the shock plugged into the ECU or some sort of shock controller running an OEM program to get accurate results.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I doubt anyone has one for DCC. You'd have to have the shock plugged into the ECU or some sort of shock controller running an OEM program to get accurate results.
I’d imagine you’d have to extend the cabling a bit.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP

Yea thats gonna be from the bushings and the shocks themselves.

DCC is literally awesome. It makes a big difference.

But yea RSB will handle 70% of that. Even more so with non stock suspension components. or even superpro bushings.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yea thats gonna be from the bushings and the shocks themselves.

DCC is literally awesome. It makes a big difference.

But yea RSB will handle 70% of that. Even more so with non stock suspension components. or even superpro bushings.
Thanks for the info!