GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Radio doesn't work

Stueck9356

Ready to race!
Got in my car today, first time since friday. The entire LCD for the radio doesn't work. The backup camera won't show, and hitting power does nothing. All of the screens on the MDI that rely on the radio show "not available" like "Audio is currently unavailable". Usually it says "infotainment system is off".

Does anybody know where the fuse is at for the radio? I want to check that out and maybe disconnect the battery to see if its just a bug. Or would my ross tech cable be able to tell me?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
If you just picked it up today, why not contact the dealer? It will be under warranty.
I checked everything worked on mine before I left the showroom.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Go to your dealer.

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
The OP said he "GOT IN" his car today not that he received his car today.

And I agree take it to the dealer

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Does anybody know where the fuse is at for the radio? I want to check that out and maybe disconnect the battery to see if its just a bug. Or would my ross tech cable be able to tell me?
Stueck: the infotainment unit (called J794) is fused at position F12 on fuse board C (the fuse board inside the cabin under the dash) - it's a 20 Amp fuse. And the display control head (J685) is on fuse position F10- it's a 10 Amp fuse. Good luck!

Last edited:

Stueck9356

Ready to race!
Stueck: the infotainment unit (called J794) is fused at position F12 on fuse board C (the fuse board inside the cabin under the dash) - it's a 20 Amp fuse. And the display control head (J685) is on fuse position F10- it's a 10 Amp fuse. Good luck!

Thank you! I'll check that out tomorrow. And I have had the car almost a year now, so it's not brand spanken new :p

Esonick

Infotainment on my Golf was faulty, it would shut off on it's own, and come back few seconds to minutes later. Dealer replaced under warranty, and took them about three weeks to installed it properly. Navigation, and BT didn't work after installation, VW had to overnight a special scanner with software from Germany, since local VW dealer didn't have the scanner to update the system.