GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Racingline VWR Sport Damper Set Install Questions

Acadia18

Drag Racing Champion
About 2 months ago, I installed a set of VWR springs on my GTI. Now, I ordered a set of the VWR sport damper to go with them. I want to make sure I have everything for the install, tool wise. Does anybody know if the front strut nut is a 21mm nut with a 7mm hex to hold it, like the OEM strut? I know some aftermarket struts use 22mm nuts. When I did the spring install on the stock struts, I :censored: used an impact to tighten it down :censored: but want to do this install with proper torque specs all around. I can't find any installation documentation anywhere that would lay out which sizes they are. Thanks.

Gptuners

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Jake had a clean install thread with all the parts and torque specs a couple of months back. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Acadia18

Drag Racing Champion
So I've read that the Racingline Sport kit are just fixed, non-adjustable Koni Yellow's. Which if that's the case, it looks like the Koni's use a 21mm strut nut/7mm hex to tighten. We'll see when they come in.

Gptuners

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
So I've read that the Racingline Sport kit are just fixed, non-adjustable Koni Yellow's. Which if that's the case, it looks like the Koni's use a 21mm strut nut/7mm hex to tighten. We'll see when they come in.
Sorry, I was looking for the official VWR instructions all morning. I couldn't find anything.