GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rabbit edition dilemma

racerx20

Ready to race!
Well dilemma is probably an exaggeration but question for the masses. I've had my GTI for just over a year and being the old school nostalgia junky I am one of the first things I added to my car was this rabbit decal.

Now with the new Rabbit editions out I am wondering if I should remove the floppy eared little guy? To me the Golf will always be a Rabbit here in the states, and I do like the look. Ah screw it....he stays!!! :D

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I once had a 2009 Rabbit. Not Golf, but Rabbit. I always got compliments on the badging as it only had a small rabbit logo where one would expect the GOLF to be.

If in your shoes, I’d remove the GTI and reposition the rabbit logo.

But that’s just me.

racerx20

Ready to race!
Was going with the Mk1 Rabbit GTI theme where the rear emblem had the red GTI and the Rabbit.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I see it now. But the rabbit logo is too big for my personal liking.

If you like it, that’s all that matters.

INeedANewCar

I am with you, racerx20 - I think the Rabbit name and logo have more personality than Golf. Below is a little explanation of where 'Golf' comes from.

"The Volkswagen Golf is actually the German word for 'gulf'—as in 'the Gulf stream.' In fact, naming cars after prominent winds is kind of a thing for VW. 'Passat' is German for 'trade wind' and 'Jetta' is German for 'jet stream'.”
https://volkswagenutah.wordpress.com/2013/06/13/vw-model-names-whats-in-a-name/

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Up badging is a giant violation, just stop.

racerx20

Ready to race!
Up badging is a giant violation, just stop.

Meh....was done way before there was any knowledge up the new Rabbit edition.

racerx20

Ready to race!
I am with you, racerx20 - I think the Rabbit name and logo have more personality than Golf. Below is a little explanation of where 'Golf' comes from.

"The Volkswagen Golf is actually the German word for 'gulf'—as in 'the Gulf stream.' In fact, naming cars after prominent winds is kind of a thing for VW. 'Passat' is German for 'trade wind' and 'Jetta' is German for 'jet stream'.”
https://volkswagenutah.wordpress.com/2013/06/13/vw-model-names-whats-in-a-name/

Interesting info.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I prefer the younger "fast" from the mk5 series, but i'm biased.

much love for the rabbit too though.