GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R vs Gti

AMB-SC

That is not how this gen haldex works. It is dependent on programming. For instance when the car is put in sport mode, the split is not 100/0. Gen 5 does not require slippage detection. Unless the setups are drastically different between the s3 and r, there is some torque going to the rear most of the time. He standard Audi split on haldex is around 85/15. The upcoming rs3 uses the same haldex system just has different programming. If you think the rs3 is ever going to be 100% fwd you are mad.

I may be wrong on this one, but at the time I had a S3 8P I did a research and found out that even in Gen4 Haldex traction was not 100/0 - it was something about 90-95/10-5 split in fair conditions. And did not demand slippage detection to send torque to rear axle - there were inclination sensors around the car sending datas to the awd unit, and according to these datas, unit started sending more or less torque to the rear wheels. Another point is - and I still have doubts on this one - that the so-called 50/50 max split is not true, as many sources I found out over internet said this gen could send all torque to rear wheels. But would be nice if someone put some lights on these murmurs

Cheers.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
I may be wrong on this one, but at the time I had a S3 8P I did a research and found out that even in Gen4 Haldex traction was not 100/0 - it was something about 90-95/10-5 split in fair conditions. And did not demand slippage detection to send torque to rear axle - there were inclination sensors around the car sending datas to the awd unit, and according to these datas, unit started sending more or less torque to the rear wheels. Another point is - and I still have doubts on this one - that the so-called 50/50 max split is not true, as many sources I found out over internet said this gen could send all torque to rear wheels. But would be nice if someone put some lights on these murmurs

Cheers.

It is physically impossible for Haldex in any FWD platform to send more than 50% of the power to the rear due to the mechanical layout of the system itself drawing it power from the axle vs a transferase like a traditional AWD system would. Now the portion of the normal split usually sending a small percentage to the rear at all times is true. Where the Haldex Gen 5 is more advanced over prior generations is that it reacts faster and is further integrated into the stability control system.

DAS_STIG

Banned
WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN ANDREY???

I'VE MISSED YOU

swolbro kept roid raging on me after i made fun of him for letting his lady friend buy a wrx and he kept banning me.

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
Keep the language respectful and mature. Any disrespectful posts will be removed and infracted.

GTITX1

Ready to race!

Cheers.
Yes from what I understand standard is now 85/15 on A cars with haldex and a bit more for S cars. I highly doubt it is different on the R. Also I think the confusion with split max is torque vs power. They claim 100% of torque to the rear. If your front tires are in the air, 100% torque will be in the rear but not 100% of engine power /max torque.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Yes from what I understand standard is now 85/15 on A cars with haldex and a bit more for S cars. I highly doubt it is different on the R. Also I think the confusion with split max is torque vs power. They claim 100% of torque to the rear. If your front tires are in the air, 100% torque will be in the rear but not 100% of engine power /max torque.

Ugh, very miss-informed... Read what I wrote above. 100% of the torque available can be sent to the rear, the most torque available to the rear is only up to 50% of the engine total power though. Its physically and mechanically limited to 50%. When you hear engineers talk about driveline torque transfer it is the same as power transfer FYI.

GTITX1

Ready to race!
It's still 100% of the available torque. We are essentially arguing the same thing. 100% of the engines theoretical max output will never make it to the rear.