GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R seats compared to Recaro LS

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I like the GTI seats and they are very comfortable to me. However, it’s been a tough time finding a local set, so I just bought a Recaro Sportster CS just for me. Hopefully, I like it.

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
my seats…..

8845496D-E5E6-4525-A5A5-232C75DA83D6.jpeg
FDE95C3A-2132-4F13-9E7A-F2220A0E5631.jpeg

vw671

Autocross Newbie
I do believe that this is the way. Thanks for posting the solution to what I’ve been trying to solve. I really didn’t want to buy expensive (for me) seats again but I can find no better option. Very nicely done, I’ll have seat envy until I can stash away a few grand for seats.

They are far from cheap but I have never regretted it...They can also be swapped to almost any car in the future, just keep your OEM seats to put back when you sell the car.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
They are far from cheap but I have never regretted it...They can also be swapped to almost any car in the future, just keep your OEM seats to put back when you sell the car.
See that’s why I like this forum. I hadn’t thought of the seat being able to be swapped to another car.

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
IMO having come from a B8 S4, the Golf R seats aren't great, beyond a 'premium' commuter car. They don't hold you in even spirited driving very well, and beyond a few hours they start to become difficult to sit in. I miss my B8 S4 every road trip that's for sure.

I was really interested in the 8V Audi Super Sports, but I think the MQB in general has this odd feeling of sitting quite a bit higher and less sporty, and their seats don't help at all. I have a love hate relationship with it in general. Awesome chassis, but it definitely is built for a Tiguan in mind.

I want the Recaro Sportster CS's but you can't get them in something that compliments the MK7.5 rears (I need the rear bench). So then you look at the Super Sports and buy the whole set, but for the price you are getting more of a look then any actual comfort. Everytime I think about it, I just want to get a new car lol...just buy a MK7 back bench, and a set of Sportster CS's and be done I guess!!!

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
I want the Recaro Sportster CS's but you can't get them in something that compliments the MK7.5 rears (I need the rear bench). So then you look at the Super Sports and buy the whole set, but for the price you are getting more of a look then any actual comfort. Everytime I think about it, I just want to get a new car lol...just buy a MK7 back bench, and a set of Sportster CS's and be done I guess!!!
Can always reupholster to make everything match heh