GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recaro Sporster CS install mk7 gti

Thomas6702

Hey guys,

First off all happy new year to every one on the board, I hope everything went fine for you :)

Well my resolution for this year is to get my Mk7 GTi a nice pair of Sporster’s CS shoortly :) it seems to be the best option in my mind. The Clubsport’s seats are just gorgeous but def to expensive...

I will do a full review and DIY if anybody is interested.

I have a few questions and would like some imput if possible ;-)

I know that the occupancy sensor has to be fitted to the seats,that should not be an issue. I read that is an delicate operation to do but being a tech in a garage it’s not this part that worries me...

The job I am worried about is the famous heated seats,

My car actually has heated seats and I do not want to loose them and I do not want to have an separate contrôle button for the seats as my hvac has the function.

I know that recaro offers the heated seat as an option but their system will not work with the oem command from what I have read can anybody confirm ?

My idea is :

- taking appart the sporster’s and installing the factory heating system. Has someone got a pictures or part N° of the electric frame that heats ? (Sorry I am French i am not sure how it is called ^^)
- taking the back of the seat off and having it painted the same colour as the car and maybe having some carbon fiber upgrades.
- i will probably go for the version without the airbag unless I find a good deal for an airbag version. So I will also have to deal with this in both ways. Some resistance of the same value of the seat airbag should do the job. Or just plugging it in..

Has somebody already taken these seats apart ? If so can you provide some information on where to start to disassemble them.

I found some guy on drive2.ru who did a similar install but did not provide any information about taking the seat apart.

This thread is not about maybde doing the job but I will be done...

Feel free to comment, all imput can help.

Navi

Autocross Champion
I've done this already and did exactly what you are trying to do. Passenger occupancy and factory heating system. Check my build thread for info and pictures. It's in my signature.

The heatings pads are different based on if your car is fabric or leather seats. I have the part numbers. Tell me if you have leather or not and I'll send them to you. Also, do you have side air bags in your current seats? If you do, you'll need air bag resistors installed. You'll also need the harness under the seats. I have the part numbers for those also, but depends which seat you have. For example some GTI seats are full power and some are only power for the recline function. The harness under the seat is different depending on that. Best way to get the harness is to look under your seat and get the part number. It has a white tag hanging on the harness with the part number. Then order those. Or you can rip out the harness from your current stock seats but there are a ton of clips and I did not want to do that. I preferred to keep my stock seats intact.

Thomas6702

I've done this already and did exactly what you are trying to do. Passenger occupancy and factory heating system. Check my build thread for info and pictures. It's in my signature.

The heatings pads are different based on if your car is fabric or leather seats. I have the part numbers. Tell me if you have leather or not and I'll send them to you. Also, do you have side air bags in your current seats? If you do, you'll need air bag resistors installed. You'll also need the harness under the seats. I have the part numbers for those also, but depends which seat you have. For example some GTI seats are full power and some are only power for the recline function. The harness under the seat is different depending on that. Best way to get the harness is to look under your seat and get the part number. It has a white tag hanging on the harness with the part number. Then order those. Or you can rip out the harness from your current stock seats but there are a ton of clips and I did not want to do that. I preferred to keep my stock seats intact.

Thanks for all those information and your build is crazy I love it :)

I actually the basic fabric seats

I would indeed appreciate the part N° and as we are talking about parts i wouldn’t mind the part N° of the oem airbag connector and the value of the resistance for the side Airbag

I really appreciate the help :)

Cheers for that mate !

Navi

Autocross Champion
seat back heaters driver/passenger: 5GM963557B
seat cushion heater passenger: 5GM963555G
seat cushion heater driver: 5GM963555C
air bag connector part number: 4H0972773
driver seat harness: 5GM971391R
passenger seat harness: 5GM971392AC
wire for air bag connector: 000979159E
resistor: 3.3 ohms 1/4W, 5%, purchased from amazon

I would verify the part numbers with a dealer though. Especially the seat harness because those were very hard to find and I was lucky that the harness have the part number attached to them under the seat. The passenger cushion heat pad has the passenger occupancy sensor built into it. So that is not a separate part.

Last edited:

Thomas6702

seat back heaters driver/passenger: 5GM963557B
seat cushion heater passenger: 5GM963555G
seat cushion heater driver: 5GM963555C
air bag connector part number: 4H0972773
driver seat harness: 5GM971391R
passenger seat harness: 5GM971392AC
wire for air bag connector: 000979159E
resistor: 3.3 ohms 1/4W, 5%, purchased from amazon

I would verify the part numbers with a dealer though. Especially the seat harness because those were very hard to find and I was lucky that the harness have the part number attached to them under the seat. The passenger cushion heat pad has the passenger occupancy sensor built into it. So that is not a separate part.

Huge thanks for that :)

Will check if I can see the seat harness part number !

Are the seats are strait bolt in or did you have to use the recaro rails ?

Do you just need the mk7 recaro rails or is something else needed ?

Thanks !

vw671

Autocross Newbie
I used recaro rails with planted technology brackets

Thanks Navi for all the help! I couldn't have done it without your help!

Navi

Autocross Champion
NICE! looks amazing! This makes me miss the all black upholstery. I kind of want to go back to it lol.

Did you get all the errors and warning lights to go away? Did you add heated pads? I remember you said you didn't really care to retain that feature.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
NICE! looks amazing! This makes me miss the all black upholstery. I kind of want to go back to it lol.

Did you get all the errors and warning lights to go away? Did you add heated pads? I remember you said you didn't really care to retain that feature.

I just did passenger occupancy sensor, rail sensors, and air bag resistors... no lights and passenger front air bag functional. Again, thanks for the help.

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
Those seats look so great, drooled over Navi's thread as well. Would love to put them in my Alltrack, but reupholstered with the factory marrakesh brown

Navi

Autocross Champion
I just did passenger occupancy sensor, rail sensors, and air bag resistors... no lights and passenger front air bag functional. Again, thanks for the help.

Nice. Glad you got it. Sure is nice driving a VW/Audi around with no air bag light. I literally asked 10 different people on various audi and vw forums and everyone just lived with the warning light on. Peace out to that lol. And now the passenger front air bag will work, god forbid, if needed.