GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R is misfiring and dealer won't do sh*t!

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
At what point did we determine that a "lube tech" "hooned" the car? My interpretation of bombed around town is that he basically just drove around for a while.

Then, as you put, we'll have to leave it to interpretation, as when someone says "bombed" I assume they were hooning the car.

My reference to "lube tech" is that anyone can come from a jiffy lube and work in most dealerships and it was a direct correlation to my interpretation of "bombed".

Does that make more sense?

RLilEvie

Ready to race!
Then, as you put, we'll have to leave it to interpretation, as when someone says "bombed" I assume they were hooning the car.

My reference to "lube tech" is that anyone can come from a jiffy lube and work in most dealerships and it was a direct correlation to my interpretation of "bombed".

Unless bombed has a Canadien meaning, I'm pretty sure the OP meant bummed around. In other words, he just drove casually.

Bombed around gives off a more aggressive vibe, which wasn't otherwise suggested.

Canada Golf R

Two days ago, my R's CEL came on. Codes were for all cylinder misfiring plus a random misfire code. Dealer took it in overnight(didn't give me a loaner vehicle because it was driveable, yet the engine needed to be cold when they test it...so...duh!) They tried to replicate it and couldn't. Funny thing, I have a dashcam in my car and it recorded the tech driving and he was told by me and the advisor to cruise at around 30km/h and feel for the car juddering. Yet all he did was bomb around and didn't even follow what we asked of him to do, in order to replicate the issue. He simply erased codes and told me to "monitor it"....B*tch what? Monitor it? That's what I did until the light came on and I expect you to try to fix it!! The advisor did say in the end that if it comes back, they'll dig further. But this photo is all you need to see, in order to understand my grief with the tech. I guess it's normal for my 2017 Golf R, with 800kms, to have a CEL on at all times, hey?

It sucks that your getting CEL's. If they can't replicate the issue, not sure what else they can do, but monitor it. If your not happy with the service you asked for, seek another dealer - there are 3 VW dealers in Calgary.

Spinal

Ready to race!
Unless bombed has a Canadien meaning, I'm pretty sure the OP meant bummed around. In other words, he just drove casually.

Bombed around gives off a more aggressive vibe, which wasn't otherwise suggested.

Since OP said, "to drive the car at 30km/h and the tech did not just bombed around" the more aggressive vibe will make sense, not conservatively when suggested to do so by the adviser and OP.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule

As a lot person perhaps. Maybe in California you can work as a mechanic but around here you need to be ASE certified.

buyingconstant7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI 3 Door 6spd
Sorry for not updating you guys. Didn't drive the car this weekend, was camping with family. Felt nice to drive a big diese truck with a 30ft camper behind me lol. Anyways, when I say "bombed" around, I mean I could hear him accelerate quickly and rev at least over 4.5k(I haven't taken it over 4K yet because...you know...new engine and such). So he was driving spiritedly...not necessarily aggressively or very hard. Nothing to raise hell about. Just upsets me that he didn't follow what was asked.

When it runs rough, I can tell it's in closed loop mode while doing around 35km/h. I'm in 3rd gear(manual trans) doing 1,800-ish rpms. Just cruising at slow speeds. Any load put on it, it clears up.

I'm using Shell VPower 91 octane. I'm gonna try a fresh tank with a Canadian brand, Petro Canada, and try them out.

I know the light will come back. When it does, it'll go back in. They'll give me a loaner this time and call VW Techline and they will give them more diagnostic info. Now it's just a waiting game of when the light comes on...

sonnysingh

I had a similar issue pop up on mine at 1200 miles. Ended up being the intake advance cam solenoid / module.

S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buyingconstant7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI 3 Door 6spd
Just as a followup, the light did come back on. Fuel made no difference. They've had it since Friday. They are replacing injectors, since techline told them to. They will most likely give it back to me and the light will return, I'm certain injectors have nothing to do with it. And they stuck me in a base rental Camry...how nice. At least it's wheels, but I didn't buy a 2017 Golf R so that I can drive a Camry...oh well.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Just as a followup, the light did come back on. Fuel made no difference. They've had it since Friday. They are replacing injectors, since techline told them to. They will most likely give it back to me and the light will return, I'm certain injectors have nothing to do with it. And they stuck me in a base rental Camry...how nice. At least it's wheels, but I didn't buy a 2017 Golf R so that I can drive a Camry...oh well.

Bummer man. I'd be upset too with just buying your new car and then this happening. Hope they get everything sorted out for you!

bebersol

Ready to race!
Two days ago, my R's CEL came on. Codes were for all cylinder misfiring plus a random misfire code. Dealer took it in overnight(didn't give me a loaner vehicle because it was driveable, yet the engine needed to be cold when they test it...so...duh!) They tried to replicate it and couldn't. Funny thing, I have a dashcam in my car and it recorded the tech driving and he was told by me and the advisor to cruise at around 30km/h and feel for the car juddering. Yet all he did was bomb around and didn't even follow what we asked of him to do, in order to replicate the issue. He simply erased codes and told me to "monitor it"....B*tch what? Monitor it? That's what I did until the light came on and I expect you to try to fix it!! The advisor did say in the end that if it comes back, they'll dig further. But this photo is all you need to see, in order to understand my grief with the tech. I guess it's normal for my 2017 Golf R, with 800kms, to have a CEL on at all times, hey?
sounds like a bad ignition coil,

order a set of A8 coils from ecs