GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

psn down

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
Mine wont work through GT5 yet... So is it true for those of you that CAN get on that we get free downloads for a week??

for a week? I thought it was going to be for a month?

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
Yea, I thought it was going to be for 30 days.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
xbl still working.... just saying :bellyroll:

I would hope that something I pay $60 for a year wouldn't go down.... I dont mind the PS3 network when its down.. Bc I can still watch netflix, play games and BLU-RAYS. Then when the network comes back up, its still free :wink:

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
PC games pwn console games, jus sayin :p

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
PC games pwn console games, jus sayin :p

True, just a PITA to play a game with a keyboard. And don't say buy a controller, they never have enough buttons to utilize all the functionality in the game and you end up using your keyboard and a controller.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
wii controllers and xbox conrollers are PC compatable, I assuem the PS3 conroller can work with a PC as well...

Gaming with a keyboard and mouse offers better control and more options anyways... ;)
Not to mention you have access to the modding community and better graphics

Car(s)
MkV R32
wii controllers and xbox conrollers are PC compatable, I assuem the PS3 conroller can work with a PC as well...

Gaming with a keyboard and mouse offers better control and more options anyways... ;)
Not to mention you have access to the modding community and better graphics

This. And it depends on the game. For Black Ops for example its not difficult or complicated to keep track of the buttons. They are all in the same general area. Ive been going to town on Steam since the PSN went down.

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
and we're down again...
Report: PSN password resets exploited, accounts compromised again
By Andrew Webster | Published about an hour ago

Just two days after the PlayStation Network was restored after a near month-long outage, the PSN password page has apparently been exploited. According to reports, the exploit allows other users to reset your account password using only your e-mail address and date of birth. This personal data was made available to hackers during the initial PSN attack.

The issue was first reported by Nyleveia, which was contacted by an unnamed source who reportedly performed the hack on a dummy account, prompting an e-mail message confirming that the password had been changed. Similar reports on gaming forum NeoGAF show an identical situation, in which the user provided the necessary information only to receive two subsequent e-mails: one claiming that someone was attempting to change the account's password and requesting the user click on a confirmation link, and another confirming that the password had been changed.

"I never clicked the confirmation link," the user wrote. "So yeah... my password was successfully changed by someone else."

Currently, users cannot sign in to PSN via websites like PlayStation.com. Instead, a message appears stating that the "server is currently down for maintenance." Meanwhile, a recent message on Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's Twitter feed reads "Fortunately we have got ISPs to release outstanding e-mails; unfortunately, a small amount of maintenance is required to improve this process." Followed soon after by "Clarification: this maintenance doesn't affect PSN on consoles, only the website you click through to from the password change email."

Nyleveia claims to have contacted SCEE directly after finding the exploit and that the system was taken down roughly 15 minutes after this happened.

Ars has contacted Sony for comment but has yet to hear back as of publication. We will update you as we learn more information.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...-passwords-exploited-accounts-compromised.ars

J-DUB

got splashback?
i can still get on and play. doesnt bother me one bit