GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Procrastination: "parts you got in the mail years ago and still didn't do to to your GTI today"

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Oh boy…
Mpi kit, fuel line kit, all the parts for the clutch bypass on start up hack, Dayton air motion tweeters, water pump kit, rear control arm air guard things, Tiguan subframe cover, PM4, ss fittings for the rear air tanks setup to get rid of the brass look, new front air bags/struts- and now all the exhaust parts and rear diffuser for the new quad exhaust 😂😂😂😂
Don't forget the camaro 🤣

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
I did the rears recently, but this weekend I’ll be installing the front bilstein+h&r springs along with an HID bulb.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
We need to combine this thread with member list by state, have some install parties.

I'm only good at losing 10mm sockets, but happy to bring drinks and food

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Oh boy…
Mpi kit, fuel line kit, all the parts for the clutch bypass on start up hack, Dayton air motion tweeters, water pump kit, rear control arm air guard things, Tiguan subframe cover, PM4, ss fittings for the rear air tanks setup to get rid of the brass look, new front air bags/struts- and now all the exhaust parts and rear diffuser for the new quad exhaust 😂😂😂😂
You win.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I’ve got a JB4, and BMS intake that have been collecting a nice layer of dust over the last year.
Had the BMS installed for 2 weeks. The sneezy intake noises got old pretty fast.
I’m pretty much convinced I’ll never install the JB4 but who knows.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Have had my Audison APSP stereo upgrade for a year. Sold the car I bought it for and need a most adapter to install it on my golf r. Still sitting. Had other things I wanted for the golf r first. Will likely install it in the fall.

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Since last June I have had all the stuff to do a nice stereo system.

Zen V
Helix DSP Pro
Morel tweeters
Audiofrog mids
JL Audio midbass
JL Audio HD 600.4 x2 and 750.1
Stereo Integrity MKV sub
Probably won't have time until September to get started

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Wouldn't the opposite be true? Wouldn't more stress be placed on the trans side?
Your engine mount is attempting to hold things nice and still while your trans mount is flopping in the wind.

I would think you'd place more stress on the engine mount as it's trying to stop movement on both sides of the engine now.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
That makes sense. It'll go in once I'm back from vacation. I'm not too stressed over that. Drove for less than 2k like that. Should I get the full mount or continue with the insert. What are the thoughts on that?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
That makes sense. It'll go in once I'm back from vacation. I'm not too stressed over that. Drove for less than 2k like that. Should I get the full mount or continue with the insert. What are the thoughts on that?
The problem with using that theory and then using the “insert” only version does the same thing… since the full engine side bfi mount has much less movements and zero voids vs the insert only being and piece of poly at the bottom of the mount, the front back and top are still rubber/air voids.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I can't believe some of what I am reading..hahahaha. If I buy something it goes in (me or shop) or I sell it.