GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Procrastination: "parts you got in the mail years ago and still didn't do to to your GTI today"

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
GTIFan99's improvised supplemental office cooling system reminded me of all the parts that have become decorative artifacts in my house.

Revo (Eibach linear) springs and Bilstein B8s were bought years ago. So was a Helix subwoofer. Strut tower braces, Badgeskins, and just got a Powerflex hybrid dogbone insert. I'm sure that will get installed soon. Or maybe soon-ish.

What aftermarket parts are you preserving for posterity?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I have a bfi trans insert and spare trans mout that I disassembled to put in months ago. I have the motor mount in but left the trans one out. Since then I've installed a new turbo, lpfp, hpfp and a few other things. But the Trans mount is the red headed step child. I'm debating just buying a separate new whole unit from bfi.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I have an intercooler, new front fascia, PPF (arrived yesterday), a Dr. Color Chip kit, dynablinks, aspherical mirrors and likely some other items waiting to go in.

The mirrors I’m waiting on some folding Units. I can’t bring myself to order them for some reason.

The intercooler, fascia, Dr. Color Chip and PPF are a plan for a long weekend.

Currently everything is on hold until I finish my kitchen remodel. The only exception is the oil change kit on its way. Thankfully that’s a quick job.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
I have an all track belly pan to install, also the turbo bracket and the heat shield are still on the self after swapping the turbo. Intercooler pipe kit it’s in the box unopened as well. …

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
Not necessarily years ago but I bought a CTS TIP 2 months ago and I have yet to still install it.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Audi jack pads, injector rebuild kit and an unopened set of RS3 coil packs sitting on the shelf for years.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Bearded detailer BES lift kit. Alltrack suspension bits, steel oil pan kit, IS20, footwell light retrofit kit, replacement grab handle cause I don't want to mess with it to replace the missing spring 🙄

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Fluidampr that I got through a pricing error. Rebuilt/powdercoated calipers. RS3 ducts. A bunch of suspension stuff. A million TTY bolts for the suspension stuff. Some random bearing that's been backordered preventing me from doing all of the suspension stuff. Some RS3 part-out stuff, mostly to do an OEM battery relocation. Race seats, which are mostly waiting on backordered mounts and harnesses. Fuel lines/filter stuff I don't want to deal with.