GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Problems with MFD not displaying items.

Alastair121

Does anyone know how to reset the MFD Vehicle Status display so that it displays all 'Conv. consumer' items that are currently on and consuming power?

My MFD was displaying all items but now just displays 'No entries available' (photo 1).
Photo1.jpg

However, the main Infotainment display, when set to 'Conv. consumers', does show when items are on and consuming power (photo2).

Photo2.jpg

I liked the single press of the steering wheel button to show what was on at any time.

I find the vehicle software a bit dodgy in that setting will disappear or change to default overnight for no apparent reason. Anyone else having this problem?

Attachments

• Photo1.jpg
    Photo1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 14,523
  • Photo2.jpg
    Photo2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 9,695
Last edited:

Hensonman

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes please - I'm also very interested in the answer to this...

Alastair121

Images appear ok when I upload them and then they disappear when I log out and then back in.

Any idea how to upload pictures as drag and drop doesn't work properly?

Thunderer

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi

Just a bit off topic, but couldn't not notice from the pics that the trip mileage is different from the overall mileage ... how'd you do that? .... I mean mine both are the same amount, never touched anything in this respect.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

testcard

Ready to race!
Trip can be reset to zero by a short press on the button just below the MFD. It's the one with the 0.0 label.

Thunderer

Passed Driver's Ed
Tnx for your reply ... but would it make a diff in the cars system records if i never do this? ... also, then i would have to press it everytime i start the engine or?

testcard

Ready to race!
The trip setting is separate from the Long Term; Since Refuel and Since Start data in the MFD, and doesn't affect those three settings.

Thunderer

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok great .. so most prob will reset it every re fuel is best in my case. Tnx :)

testcard

Ready to race!
I usually reset mine after filling the tank, and have the MFD displaying Average MPG since start. You can also select the Car display on the touch screen to toggle between driving data for Since Start; Since Refuel and Long Term.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know how to reset the MFD Vehicle Status display so that it displays all 'Conv. consumer' items that are currently on and consuming power?

It doesn't show them all at once IIRC, you have to scroll through them, but the settings are in the main menu which is best selected whilst stationary.