GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pro Nav and Postcodes

vhs

Passed Driver's Ed
My Pro Navigation doesn't want to recognise the full 7 digit postcodes I enter for destinations. It says the street data is not available and directs instead to the town centre.

Is this because it's just a bodged up 5 digit system or has a software update cured the problem?

Viv

TerryReis

Passed Driver's Ed
Me Too.

vhs

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had no issues myself

I find that odd - i've used full UK postcodes without problem.

James

As you say, odd. Do you enter the full postcode with the space e.g. RG1 7LL or without? Entered from the Town screen without inputting the name of the town.

I do have the latest maps installed and the car is a Sept 2014 model so it ought to work. Don't really want to go near the dealer to be led up the garden path without a postcode ...

Viv

James75

Go Kart Champion
I put a space in and enter from the town tab.

It's clear the system has been adapted for our postcode system but I've not had any issues.

I do normally just use voice commands for the destination. Postcodes in Devon can cover a big area lol.

But I've had no issues. Car is with the dealer at the mo having an oil change, do you want me to look at mine when I get it back later today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vhs

Passed Driver's Ed
No need thanks - I tried using it differently tonight, not using spaces and it works fine. Still tells me that street data is not available but I guess that relates to house numbers. Works just fine.

Glad you are finding voice control OK - I really am not impressed. I tell it to take me to Mum's and it asks me if I want to go to Mannheim (I exaggerate a little). I wish it had a better list of voice options than the single page shown. Must try harder with experimentation but my passengers' laughter makes it very difficult!

Viv

James75

Go Kart Champion
No need thanks - I tried using it differently tonight, not using spaces and it works fine. Still tells me that street data is not available but I guess that relates to house numbers. Works just fine.

Glad you are finding voice control OK - I really am not impressed. I tell it to take me to Mum's and it asks me if I want to go to Mannheim (I exaggerate a little). I wish it had a better list of voice options than the single page shown. Must try harder with experimentation but my passengers' laughter makes it very difficult!

Viv

Excellent

I don't it's the best system in the world but for asking basic directions it seems okay. But it could be better without a doubt. I did start a thread wondering what possible voice commands there were and any hidden ones or unexpected ones. There doesn't seem to be anything but i was curious.

James

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
My Pro Navigation doesn't want to recognise the full 7 digit postcodes I enter for destinations. It says the street data is not available and directs instead to the town centre.

Is this because it's just a bodged up 5 digit system or has a software update cured the problem?

Viv

It doesn't though, for instance if you entered B72 1DW, the device will direct you to your chosen destination (even though it may say navigate to the centre of Birmingham).