Thanks for sharing that.I really wish you made an axle back type option....
Thanks for sharing that.
There are a few things to consider:
On systems where we do offer axle-backs, it's usually because of something funky we have to work around:
- You'd have to cut the stock exhaust (iirc).
- You wouldn't see the power gains.
- It wouldn't meet our sound engineering standards. (Meaning, it wouldn't sound like and AWE system).
- Mustang Axle Back- Fits the convertible where our cat-back won't due to reduced clearance from additional frame bracing.
- Corvette Axle Back- Was done because some cars (automatics and convertibles) have a factory valve system that is a function of the emissions/engine efficiency, not a SwitchPath™ style system (some have that as well stock).
- Camaro Axle Back- Same as Corvette
- BMW Axle Back- Monitored secondary catalysts prevent removal without coding and tamper with EPA laws. These are welded in-line with the muffler section.
Why did the mk7 golf R exhaust change to a single valve muffler? Is it louder or quieter now?