GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the Mk7.5 GTI 2.0T.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Can you hear any differences in cabin with the Touring Edition exhaust? I don't plan on installing an aftermarket down pipe.

Mickyd173

Car(s)
2019 GTI, 2019 GLI
are you guys going to do something about the infamous AWE exhaust hang? other manufacturers have placed a hanger to utilize the factory euro spec hanger mount that is currently on it? will you guys upgrade the exhausts with a hanger to plug and play like all the other manufacturers?

DAVE/AWE

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2012 TDI Sportwagen
As everyone is getting their GTI's ready for the summer, I'm getting a lot of questions regarding Tip Cleaning. We have an FAQ section on our website that covers this and other important questions you might have.

Check out the AWE tip cleaning FAQ here:

Pro-Tip: Mark the tip location on the exhaust pipe with a Sharpie prior to removal for easy and fast alignment when you reinstall.

Check out our other FAQ's here.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I really wish you made an axle back type option....

DAVE/AWE

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2012 TDI Sportwagen
I really wish you made an axle back type option....
Thanks for sharing that.
There are a few things to consider:
  • You'd have to cut the stock exhaust (iirc).
  • You wouldn't see the power gains.
  • It wouldn't meet our sound engineering standards. (Meaning, it wouldn't sound like and AWE system).
On systems where we do offer axle-backs, it's usually because of something funky we have to work around:
  • Mustang Axle Back- Fits the convertible where our cat-back won't due to reduced clearance from additional frame bracing.
  • Corvette Axle Back- Was done because some cars (automatics and convertibles) have a factory valve system that is a function of the emissions/engine efficiency, not a SwitchPath™ style system (some have that as well stock).
  • Camaro Axle Back- Same as Corvette
  • BMW Axle Back- Monitored secondary catalysts prevent removal without coding and tamper with EPA laws. These are welded in-line with the muffler section.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Thanks for sharing that.
There are a few things to consider:
  • You'd have to cut the stock exhaust (iirc).
  • You wouldn't see the power gains.
  • It wouldn't meet our sound engineering standards. (Meaning, it wouldn't sound like and AWE system).
On systems where we do offer axle-backs, it's usually because of something funky we have to work around:
  • Mustang Axle Back- Fits the convertible where our cat-back won't due to reduced clearance from additional frame bracing.
  • Corvette Axle Back- Was done because some cars (automatics and convertibles) have a factory valve system that is a function of the emissions/engine efficiency, not a SwitchPath™ style system (some have that as well stock).
  • Camaro Axle Back- Same as Corvette
  • BMW Axle Back- Monitored secondary catalysts prevent removal without coding and tamper with EPA laws. These are welded in-line with the muffler section.

Oh I totally get it....I have a full 3" turbo back that mates up to the OEM axle back (OEM rear muffler, etc). I'm not satisfied and want to remove the rear muffler, but don't want a hack job done and would rather opt for a professional option. Essentially it would link up to an already full turbo back exhaust.

DAVE/AWE

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2012 TDI Sportwagen
Here are some hot tips for those of you installing a system this week!

1. Make sure you use anti-seize on the threads of the tip clamps. If you don't have any, please order or grab some at your local parts store (we use copper, nickel will work too!)
2. Align the tip clamp to the base of the tip over the slots, not along the weld as you will not get enough grip on the tip and pipe.
3, Make sure you use the collar clamps on the ends of the hangers to keep everything in place.

Check out our detailed instructions for all of our products on the bottom of each page of our site!

DAVE/AWE

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2012 TDI Sportwagen
FAQ Tip Clamp Installation - Anti-Seize

I know this owners group is very likely familiar with this copper or nickel based wonder compound, but for those that are getting ready to install their systems, grab that anti-seize because you'll need it for the threads on the tip clamps! Just a little dab or brush. My Pro Tip: Loosen the clamp and put a dab just below the upper barrel nut, and then work the Anti-seize through to make sure everything is good and ready for install.

Unlike the clamps on the pipes (40lb ft of torque), the tips clamps are going to be 18-20lb ft. We generally go by feel.

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Why did the mk7 golf R exhaust change to a single valve muffler? Is it louder or quieter now?

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
Why did the mk7 golf R exhaust change to a single valve muffler? Is it louder or quieter now?

The new design allowed for it. Valve closed mode has a littlemore snarl to it outside fo the cabin, but still quite stealthy. Valve open mode is much more aggressive since there's is straight 3" piping from merge to tips vs the previous design (which featured a routed muffler before the valves). (y)