GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PP vs Regular GTI - Post Tune

ejewels

Ready to race!
Hey All,

If you take a regular base model GTI, and then a GTI sport or any model with the PP package, you have about a 10 hp difference.

Isn't the 10 extra hp only coming from the ECU's stock tune? So in other words, if both cars were to get tuned (say APR)... does that tune override the stock tune and make both cars equal in terms of power?

Zoolook

Ready to race!
Basically yes - there are slight differences in the PP tune from the non-PP tune, which is pretty much how long you maintain certain boost levels.

Once you flash the ECU with APR or ED etc, they make the same power. There are no mechanical difference between the engines. Obviously the PP has the advantage of better breaks and the LSD, so personally I think it handles the tunes better.

The thing to ensure is that if you flash back to 'stock' you actually get the correct stock flash. I noticed on my ED tune application there there is only one 'stock' option and it doesn't say whether it's the PP or standard GTI.

Jannnny

Passed Driver's Ed
The thing to ensure is that if you flash back to 'stock' you actually get the correct stock flash. I noticed on my ED tune application there there is only one 'stock' option and it doesn't say whether it's the PP or standard GTI.

Last time I checked, my ED tune Application has two stock tunes, PP and standard GTI

Zoolook

Ready to race!
Last time I checked, my ED tune Application has two stock tunes, PP and standard GTI

OK maybe I need to update my application, or maybe I didn't see it - if that's true, great.

ejewels

Ready to race!
cool, thanks guys. I figured its just in the software, and no other engine part mods like the R has.