GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Power flex front wishbone rear bush

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
Hi all,
Has anyone installed the powerflex front wishbone rear bush, it looks to be a caster adding bush but when talking to powerflex it’s designed to maintain your geometry when under load.
Has anyone encountered any issues when installing.
many pro’s or con’s

many thanks

scrllock

Autocross Champion
They sell two versions, the more expensive one is adjustable. I believe most folks run the whiteline/superpro offset bushing in the rear position, and powerflex for camber adjustment in the front (if needed for class requirements).

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
I’ve got the non adjustable version but although it looks like a caster bushing, I mean technically it is but it’s non adjustable and apparently help maintain the geo on hard acceleration.

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
Not so much of an issue but I’m an OEM+ kinda guy and ideally wanted a like for like but powerflex class this as one but can’t see how. Supperpro list a standard geo bush which has a centered hole rather than a offset hole like the powerflex.

might be best off going with the super pro maybe.

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
That 'maintain geometry while under load' doesn't click for me.

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
Yeah I know what you mean it still doesn’t with me and a bit skeptical about fitting it. To me it’s not classed as a direct replacement unlike the super pro.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Yeah I know what you mean it still doesn’t with me and a bit skeptical about fitting it. To me it’s not classed as a direct replacement unlike the super pro.
I'll have to take a look at a spare OE caster bushing. I see what you mean now, the offset bore on the sleeve. If it's stock geometry, either the stock bushing is offset or the superpro bushing bore is offset and cancelled out by the sleeve (which would be kinda weird).

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
Ok cool I’ve got a picture of the bushing the super pro bushing I believe is just a standard bushing with a central hole and a central hole in the sleeve too.

Attachments

• F27776A4-D9BB-473A-B16D-15F3AB8DFFE2.jpeg
    F27776A4-D9BB-473A-B16D-15F3AB8DFFE2.jpeg
    463.1 KB · Views: 51

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
Does anybody know if the standard bushing OEM is off set? Hence why powerflex have made there bush sleeve with an offset hole,I have the part number which is 5Q0407183E pictures online are not very clear.

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
The best picture I can find is this. And seeing the bushing has an arrow on it indicates that is may well be offset. I’d like to confirm this though.

Attachments

• 69C7BB24-D630-4DE7-BB83-F6D07E434B83.png
    69C7BB24-D630-4DE7-BB83-F6D07E434B83.png
    10.6 MB · Views: 46
  • DCADF7AA-DB83-481B-A14C-C0F10AED1ADE.jpeg
    DCADF7AA-DB83-481B-A14C-C0F10AED1ADE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45

scrllock

Autocross Champion
The best picture I can find is this. And seeing the bushing has an arrow on it indicates that is may well be offset. I’d like to confirm this though.
Oh, sorry. Had me confused. I'll re-measure the voided bush.

Looks maybe offset by a mill? Maybe? Without seeing the actual powerflex bushing it's hard to say if it matters.

Last edited:

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
Oh, sorry. Had me confused. I'll re-measure the voided bush.

Looks maybe offset by a mill? Maybe? Without seeing the actual powerflex bushing it's hard to say if it matters.
I have uploaded a picture of that powerflex bush and the offset hole in the sleeve is quite noticeable.

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
Any one out there with a picture oh have seen for them self if the OEM bush has a off set hole and not just the answer of “I think maybe a few mm” as I need confirmation.

heres my powerflex bush for reference.

Attachments

• B42327DC-26D9-4C06-89B5-5839497D4A29.jpeg
    B42327DC-26D9-4C06-89B5-5839497D4A29.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45