GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
How about the new Swatch collab with Blancpain?

I already have 3 Moonswatches lol. Not sure I need another plastic watch.
I'll be in Vegas next month and NYC in December so I may try to scoop the white one if available.
They are also available in Orlando this time (only a little over an hour away from me) where the Moonswatch was not.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
They closed our Austin store, otherwise I’d grab the green Indian Ocean one. I may try to pay the least possible markup online.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
All my smartwatches broke, so just picked up this promaster…. Loving it so far
View attachment 289691
I have the Diver Pro 300m version of that watch, quite large at 46mm and is a great all-around for the $400 price tag area. Also one of the cleaner looking Citizen's. I don't wear it much anymore as I just enjoy my Tudor BB41 too much lol.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
How about the new Swatch collab with Blancpain?

It's not really doing it for me, personally. Post-Moonswatch, this just feels... like an unoriginal money grab. Are they going to make a colorful plastic version of all their luxury marques? I like the look of the actual Fifty Fathoms, and I like the ocean theme behind these, and I like that they put an automatic movement. The bio-ceramic is cool.The colors are a bit much on this round IMO, but I guess they are very "Swatch". If I had any, it would be the Atlantic Ocean (blue).

I get that they are collectible and hyped, but at the same time I think they are way overpriced at least for what I'd be willing to pay. Especially if you're gonna collect a few... I'd rather put that towards a nice Seiko diver, but that's just my .02!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Hard to justify the $400 price tag for sure.
I'm a huge Speedy fan, so the Moonswatch was sort of a must have for me lol.
These on the other hand? I like them, I like the idea...but I'm not sure if it's for me.
However, if I do stumble across the white one at a store, I may have to snag it.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
If the white one didn’t have the round blob on the bottom of the dial, I’d like it more. Green and yellow still work for me. The blue is off, but I can’t explain it. Crap, just realized the orange and white ones are non date, I greatly prefer that.

$400 for a mechanical with a lumed bezel isn’t hard to justify. I’ll happily get one as a beater, which I need since my Sinn is badly in need of service.

Last edited:

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
The day has finally come. I sent my BB GMT in to service to get the date issues fixed. I included a letter pleading my case to see if they will fix it for free (I've heard of this happening).

It was nerve-wracking handing the box over and declaring the insurance value to USPS. I'll be able to breathe easy once I get confirmation it's been delivered.

I took the bracelet off so they don't mess with it.

IMG_3976.jpeg

While I'll miss the Tudor being away, an upside is my dad passed down this dress watch to me recently:

IMG_3593.jpg

The brand is Ole Matheisen (Danish), and he bought it at the MoMa Design Store in the 1980's. I believe the model is called the "Classic Ultra-Thin 1962". They actually still sell a version of it. that's 35mm, although my dad's is only 33mm.

I'm not a fancy or dressy person, and while I like the way dress watches look, I've never wanted to wear one outside of a formal occasion like a wedding. And despite having fairly slender wrists, I've never liked small watches. I'm coming around on that, though. I was honestly super shocked at how comfortable I am with a 33mm ultra-thin watch, and the white dial definitely helps it wear larger. It's quartz, obviously, but because there is no second hand that doesn't really bother me.

Anyways, it's something new and offbeat for me, and I'm stoked to have it in my little collection. Mostly since it was to my dad what my Tudor is to me... his daily wear when I was a kid.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
The day has finally come. I sent my BB GMT in to service to get the date issues fixed. I included a letter pleading my case to see if they will fix it for free (I've heard of this happening).

It was nerve-wracking handing the box over and declaring the insurance value to USPS. I'll be able to breathe easy once I get confirmation it's been delivered.

I took the bracelet off so they don't mess with it.

View attachment 296174

While I'll miss the Tudor being away, an upside is my dad passed down this dress watch to me recently:

View attachment 296175

The brand is Ole Matheisen (Danish), and he bought it at the MoMa Design Store in the 1980's. I believe the model is called the "Classic Ultra-Thin 1962". They actually still sell a version of it. that's 35mm, although my dad's is only 33mm.

I'm not a fancy or dressy person, and while I like the way dress watches look, I've never wanted to wear one outside of a formal occasion like a wedding. And despite having fairly slender wrists, I've never liked small watches. I'm coming around on that, though. I was honestly super shocked at how comfortable I am with a 33mm ultra-thin watch, and the white dial definitely helps it wear larger. It's quartz, obviously, but because there is no second hand that doesn't really bother me.

Anyways, it's something new and offbeat for me, and I'm stoked to have it in my little collection. Mostly since it was to my dad what my Tudor is to me... his daily wear when I was a kid.
Love your GMT and yea I would be nervous too. I wear my BB 41 blue dial everyday now just about as I prefer the clean look and it goes with whatever I wear. My other half recently got me another Citizen Diver, this one in a blue band and GMT look. It's a great watch but its bulky so I rarely wear it.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Let me know your experience with RSC!

So far so good. The process is not very illuminating. They put on my estimate (which was emailed to me two days after the watch made it to the service center):

Customer requests
Double Jump, Hour Hand Loses An Hour Overnight, Date Wheel Issue

Necessary works
Check Movement. Invoice Price $0.00

So not sure what "check movement" will entail, if they'll replace it entirely, or end up telling me what exactly what was done, or do a general service, or what. But the good news is they appear to be doing it for free! On the online form to confirm the service, the note said "Customer out of warranty, service compliments of Rolex"

So... can't complain about that! They estimated 5 weeks. Now to play the waiting game. Will reserve final judgement until I get it back safe in hand, but so far it seems like they are taking it seriously.