EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
It really gets the most wrist time these days. Didn't even take it off for yard work or working on cars.

Thats the one I almost bought, decided it would make me crave a Pepsi, so I got a BB41 with blue dial, and I never take it off. Once a month it goes to the AD for a free cleaning.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
It really gets the most wrist time these days. Didn't even take it off for yard work or working on cars.

Sweet, lookin' good!

I just got mine back on the wrist after 2 months waiting for the AD to order the correct spring bars for my bracelet swap. Still getting used to it after being on the leather strap for 4 years!

IMG_8813.jpeg

IMG_8814.jpeg

IMG_8815.jpeg

I do love the look, but it changes the character of the watch a lot for me. It feels way more blingy and luxury than before. Less under-the-radar.

In negative news... I still have the date wheel issue (advances 2 dates every night, sometimes gets stuck between numbers. I inquired at the AD about this and they played dumb said they'd never heard of that problem. They said cost to send it in is $80 shipping, and that Tudor/Rolex would probably want to do "an overhaul" because it's a movement issue, which is $800 as a starting point. Plus a 3-month lead time. Bummer, but I'm out of warranty and just got it back on my wrist after 2 months. I'm annoyed but I think I'm just going to live with it for now.

IMG_8741.jpeg

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Such a stupid problem to have on an otherwise great watch. Looks great on the bracelet though!
Mine spends 95% of the time on it. I don't know if I posted it here but I picked up a rubber strap from Vanguard.
Wears totally different when its off the bracelet for sure.
And also, are there any other AD's close to you? The one you are seeing seems a bit...I don't know. Dramatic lol.
The price they quoted you seems high. I don't believe Tudor puts pricing out, but I've read that GMT services are in the $500 range.
And lead times I thought were down under 2 months. But things do change...
Check the Tudor section on Rolex Forum.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Sweet, lookin' good!

I just got mine back on the wrist after 2 months waiting for the AD to order the correct spring bars for my bracelet swap. Still getting used to it after being on the leather strap for 4 years!

View attachment 263319
View attachment 263320
View attachment 263321

I do love the look, but it changes the character of the watch a lot for me. It feels way more blingy and luxury than before. Less under-the-radar.

In negative news... I still have the date wheel issue (advances 2 dates every night, sometimes gets stuck between numbers. I inquired at the AD about this and they played dumb said they'd never heard of that problem. They said cost to send it in is $80 shipping, and that Tudor/Rolex would probably want to do "an overhaul" because it's a movement issue, which is $800 as a starting point. Plus a 3-month lead time. Bummer, but I'm out of warranty and just got it back on my wrist after 2 months. I'm annoyed but I think I'm just going to live with it for now.

View attachment 263322

Man what a bummer! Have you tried contacting Tudor directly? Maybe they will be more sympathetic about the issue.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
And also, are there any other AD's close to you? The one you are seeing seems a bit...I don't know. Dramatic lol.
The price they quoted you seems high. I don't believe Tudor puts pricing out, but I've read that GMT services are in the $500 range.
And lead times I thought were down under 2 months. But things do change...
Check the Tudor section on Rolex Forum.

There might be another AD, this was just the closest to me. The store I originally bought it from closed (they were an apparel store that happened to be a Tudor AD, but only sold a few brands of watches, Tudor being one).

I didn't care for the AD I went to. Everyone was polite, but the overall feel was very high end (it was a "Watches of Switzerland", so only watches, and they had a lot of high end stuff).

I did post a query on the WUS Rolex/Tudor forum a few months ago. I got responses saying more like 2 months wait and that Tudor was possibly fixing some of the date wheel issues out of warranty. Only real way to find out is to send it in though. But I'm not going to pay $800+ dollars, so if it came to that it would suck to have sent it off for nothing. I just spent $550 on the bracelet, so if I add another big sum and I'm going to have way more money in this watch than it's worth. It's sentimental and I won't be selling it, but still I want to be somewhat logical about it.

I honestly feel that this type of known and common problem should have an extended warranty. It is a brand’s reputation at stake after all!

Agreed. Being a known issue especially with early batch GMT's (mine is from the first production year), I feel like it's a manufacturer defect and they should be fixing them all for free. Maybe they are with some. It's hard to know, Tudor themselves haven't really acknowledged the issue or said much about it, it's just anecdotes on forums.

I should have gotten a Seiko 5 GMT, that thing is sharp!!

Man what a bummer! Have you tried contacting Tudor directly? Maybe they will be more sympathetic about the issue.

I'm not sure I can? Is that possible? I was under the impression you had to go through an AD and hope for the best.