GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
@vbrad26 Yeah apparently leather straps don't last super long if worn daily? I was surprised by that, it felt like a quality strap and I did use it heavily, but still disappointing. That's a great description on the bracelet change method. That's pretty much what I was trying to do, although I think my inferior spring bar tool wasn't helping. Just couldn't get it to work. Maybe if I get the urge to be swapping it out more frequently someday I'd pick up a pair of tweezers, but I think for now I'll just have the AD throw the bracelet on and call it good.
My $12 ebay black leather strap with white outer stitching is going strong after two years of daily use. Only thing that wore out (6 weeks ago) was the sliding loop that goes over the end of the strap to keep it held down.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
tudor_GTI.jpg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
It's actually a 41

Cytokine

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 LSG 6MT Golf R
@Cytokine
How are you liking your Seiko GMT?
Love it. Been looking for a tool-style GMT for a while. Didn't want to pay Rolex $ for a batman and didn't want a clone either. The office GMT works for me too, i don't change time zones daily, just for longer travel. The blue dial & bezel are very subtle, almost black but changes to blue depending on the light.

So far its running about -4 s/d to -5 s/d. Can't complain about that for an entry Seiko.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
I think I've only ever posted my BB GMT, but seeing as the strap broke and I'm waiting to get the bracelet installed, I've been wearing this instead:

IMG_8025.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of Christopher Ward anymore but for some reason I love this watch. It's been nice getting reacquainted with it the past couple weeks. It's kind of a weird mismatch of design cues but somehow it works for me. I got it when ETA movements where harder to come by and so this got a Sellita SW200 clone instead. It doesn't manually wind quite as smooth as another ETA watch I have, but keeps great time and has been totally reliable.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
^^Dude...did you stand in line for one? The closest Omega store to me is Las Vegas...which is 300 miles away.

GTI RobG

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
I didn’t stand in line for one. A friend of mine owns a jewelry and watch shop and he got one for his shop and he gave it to me. The nearest Swatch shop to me that carries these is in Times Square. That’s where my buddy got it from.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Nice! I have been wanting to pick one up.
My wife will be heading to NYC in a couple of months so I'm hoping she'll be able to scoop one up!
Do you have any idea if there is decent availability at the Swatch in Times Square?

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Nice! I have been wanting to pick one up.
My wife will be heading to NYC in a couple of months so I'm hoping she'll be able to scoop one up!
Do you have any idea if there is decent availability at the Swatch in Times Square?
I was just in NYC and walked past the swatch store there. If I knew earlier I woulda went in and asked for you!