GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
I think you missed the mark. Every before/after pic on this thread shows a difference to me. Some people want the car to look just right rather than raised up a bit. They also would prefer to use a Volkswagen part. It's hardly a waste of money if it's what you want. The only people that waste money are the ones that don't research it enough and don't realize it's not going to drop it as much as they think.

Edit - the only thing wrong with the pics was that it wasn't a good angle. Wasn't a good pic in general for the question. And I'll never not have a PC. A large, fast PC.

Last edited:

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
I think you missed the mark. Every before/after pic on this thread shows a difference to me. Some people want the car to look just right rather than raised up a bit. They also would prefer to use a Volkswagen part. It's hardly a waste of money if it's what you want. The only people that waste money are the ones that don't research it enough and don't realize it's not going to drop it as much as they think.

I agree with your point as well. It is all about what the end user is looking for. I park my TSI with the DG's next to a '17 GTI Sport often and it is definitely noticeable. IMO, the stock ride height for the TSI should be like the GTI and the GTI should be 0.5" lower from the factory. The DG's make the TSI and GTI sit around the height of the R. VW engineers must be looking at too many Tiguans these days and got confused:rolleyes: LOL.

lokerola

Ready to race!
I agree with your point as well. It is all about what the end user is looking for. I park my TSI with the DG's next to a '17 GTI Sport often and it is definitely noticeable. IMO, the stock ride height for the TSI should be like the GTI and the GTI should be 0.5" lower from the factory. The DG's make the TSI and GTI sit around the height of the R. VW engineers must be looking at too many Tiguans these days and got confused:rolleyes: LOL.

Too true on the Tiguan stance. I sort of see BMW's from the 1990's (with the sport package) as having ideal from the factory fender to wheel gap. The new GTI's just look too tall.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Constructive criticism isn't trolling.

[FONT=&quot]Constructive criticism is delivered in way to improve an issue without offending others-- you on the other hand, approached the topic with destructive criticism. Like I said earlier, if you actually took the time to read the thread, you would realize that there has been lots of good discussion and rationale for why many people have opted to go with the DG springs and are very happy them. Then perhaps you would understand. If you haven't read the thread, that's fine. But you really seem like you're coming into this topic uninformed.

If you want to state your opinion that you don't like them, that's also fine. Then just do so. However, when you state, "Why spend hundreds of dollars on a mod that literally can't be detected? No visual or performance gains...is it really lowered if you can't even tell?"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That's just fake news that I have to call you out on. One can absolutely tell the difference. If you can’t… well I can’t help you there but you shouldn’t spread false information. Have you even seen them on a car in person?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here are a couple of thoughts for you to consider:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Believe it or not, not everyone is going for the “lowered” look. I know shocking right?? Some people are more conservative with their styling and that’s ok. Some people are mainly interested in getting rid of that ridiculous 4x4 wheel gap where you can stick a whole fist in there.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Believe it or not, your road/driving conditions are not the same as everyone else’s. My car on stock springs would scrape going into my driveway if I’m not careful. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Performance-wise, my DG springs significantly outperforms my stock springs in terms of handling and comfort. Honestly, I’m still trying to figure this one out myself. I was not expecting a big improvement.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Some people have a thing about keeping things OEM. [/FONT]

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Also, nothing wrong with my picture sizes. They're appropriate to the forum and I can zoom in just as easily as anyone else (iPhone only, who actually has a PC in 2017?)

You're correct on that one. I was initially looking on tap a talk. On my laptop the image is much easier to see.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
PC Master Race here Jake. There are a ton of times I get pissed at how long something is taking me on my phone and just walk over to my PC. Phone is for basic reading, PC is my get shit done box.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
[FONT=&quot]Constructive criticism is delivered in way to improve an issue without offending others-- you on the other hand, approached the topic with destructive criticism. Like I said earlier, if you actually took the time to read the thread, you would realize that there has been lots of good discussion and rationale for why many people have opted to go with the DG springs and are very happy them. Then perhaps you would understand. If you haven't read the thread, that's fine. But you really seem like you're coming into this topic uninformed.

If you want to state your opinion that you don't like them, that's also fine. Then just do so. However, when you state, "Why spend hundreds of dollars on a mod that literally can't be detected? No visual or performance gains...is it really lowered if you can't even tell?"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That's just fake news that I have to call you out on. One can absolutely tell the difference. If you can’t… well I can’t help you there but you shouldn’t spread false information. Have you even seen them on a car in person?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here are a couple of thoughts for you to consider:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Believe it or not, not everyone is going for the “lowered” look. I know shocking right?? Some people are more conservative with their styling and that’s ok. Some people are mainly interested in getting rid of that ridiculous 4x4 wheel gap where you can stick a whole fist in there.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Believe it or not, your road/driving conditions are not the same as everyone else’s. My car on stock springs would scrape going into my driveway if I’m not careful. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Performance-wise, my DG springs significantly outperforms my stock springs in terms of handling and comfort. Honestly, I’m still trying to figure this one out myself. I was not expecting a big improvement.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Some people have a thing about keeping things OEM. [/FONT]

I'll have to agree to disagree on the road conditions part. I've literally driven lowered cars (slammed on coilovers) in the worst conditions (philly and NJ) when I commuted their for work. It's 100% situational awareness. People rip bumpers of stock height cars all the time...if you smash into dips and rough transitions you lose ride height to suspension compression. Also taking appropriate angles makes a enormous difference in bumper clearance

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
For sure! That's perhaps my main reason for going with the DG springs. I had to make the car drivable for my wife. God bless her, but I don't think she'll ever get into the habit of taking angles, avoiding potholes or respecting road imperfections. I'm sure I would eventually find parts hanging off the car if I went any lower. :D

Caesarmascetti

Passed Driver's Ed
these were a great addition to my GSW took out the huge rear wheel gap and the car sits lower than a GTI these springs with the addition of Koni FSDs and GTI PP rear sway bar has really sharpened the handling while retaining a nice ride. I added the Emmanuel Design rear pad :

Last edited:

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Last edited:

sherwood

Ready to race!
Still a little confused, can someone confirm the following number I. Wes to order for my ride please? I have a 4dr GTI w/DSG

5G4 071 677 D
front 1050 kg
rear 950 kg
(DSG 4-d) --> NO, 4dr manual

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I’ve noted this part number as the one available to those in North America.

5G4071677E

njavier03

Ready to race!
i'm having a set installed on Friday. i'll be back to post before and after pics.

njavier03

Ready to race!
Before and after. Sorry for the dark pic. The car should’ve came this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk