GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible to turn on the led fogs and halos only?

supernova_inc

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, I just picked up my 15 6mt Autobahn with lighting package and really love it. I was curious though if it is possible to turn on the park and fog lamps without having the low beams on? When I am driving into work the light outside doesn't really warrant the low beams but I like to run with the fogs on in my old car. When I take off the e-brake the halos illuminate and I can put the parking lights on but I can't pull the knob out to turn on the fogs unless the lamps are to "on" it seems like. Maybe I am missing something and hopefully it is just user error. Any help would be appreciated.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Yep, works on my car (it has the euro switch). Light switch on "Park" position then pull out the fog light switch (without the main beam lights)!

I don't believe that you need a VCDS cable for standard settings. There's a bit of a discussion about what the euro switch does on NAR cars here

Last edited:

BrianfCheng1

Ready to race!
I used the china made one on my MK6 and it did the job for almost 40k miles with no problems. I think the part is identical also. Should've took it out of my old car. I have to buy another now...