GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Poll: What year of MK 7–7.5 is your favorite, and why?

What year of Mk7–7.5 is your favorite?

Votes: 3 4.7%

Votes: 9 14.1%

Votes: 11 17.2%

Votes: 15 23.4%

Votes: 16 25.0%

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Sport

• SE

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Rabbit Edition

• Autobahn

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
2017 because it's the year I have and I'm biased af lol.

For real though even when the 7.5 came out, I still like mine because:

Analog gauges
cubby under driver seat
upgradeable MIB2 to 8 inch screen if so desire.
SE model so came with leather, PP and LP
bought at year end 2017 at 7500 off MSRP, plus got another 500 off because I drove from out of town to get it.
looks better IMO

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
I'm happy with my 2020 S except for the Composition Colour radio is basic but use Android Auto so it's negligible at this point. Halogens this day in age is comical. I wish it had better climate control but I'm over it and DCC would have been nice.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I'm happy with my 2020 S except for the Composition Colour radio is basic but use Android Auto so it's negligible at this point. Halogens this day in age is comical. I wish it had better climate control but I'm over it and DCC would have been nice.
facts

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
The 2019 is the best year of GTI. Last year of Great Falls Green as a color option, VW brought back the red GTI badges; and the performance pack was finally standard on all trims.
As much as I hate to agree because I thought I was being smart when I bought mine new in 2018......

This is the truth. If I had a crystal ball I'd have waited a year.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
2017 because I do not like the facelift LP headlights at all.

Facelift GTI front bumper cover looks better but the facelift R is a downgrade visually, the front bumper cover is less aggressive and they took off actual side skirts for those silly little strip ones.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Gotta go 2019 also: facelift bells and whistles, performance pack standard, 6 yr/72k warranty, Dark Iron Blue, SE came with leather, no janky MIB3 from the 2021, separate Experience Package came with DCC and Fender. Worth some of the 7.5 de-contenting (of which most can be fairly easily added back in from the Mk7.)

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
my 2017 has Fender :)

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
17 Sport, 6 spd, minimal electronics, the best!! Purchased new in Dec. 16 and will keep till I die.