GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

please post night time pics

Tom2893

only got this one saved at the moment

INoahGuy

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry for the duplication, does anyone know how to get the clock up on the infotainment system?

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
noahlminer,

Is that your R and are you in the US? I noticed it is a manual trans and I didn't think those were available until next fall in the US.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Sorry for the duplication, does anyone know how to get the clock up on the infotainment system?

Yes its in the display settings. Press menu on the system and go from there.

thecytochromec

Ready to race!
Does the golf R come with blue interior trim lights while the GTI comes with red interior trim lights? Is it possible to change between the two colors from a menu?

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
noahlminer,

Is that your R and are you in the US? I noticed it is a manual trans and I didn't think those were available until next fall in the US.

That's a VW promotional photo from the web. The first time I saw it, it really frustrated me that a "professionally" shot photo wasn't color corrected--note the blue glow of all the illuminated buttons.

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Does the golf R come with blue interior trim lights while the GTI comes with red interior trim lights? Is it possible to change between the two colors from a menu?

You're correct about the trim light colors being different in the R and GTI. As per switching colors via some command, no you can't, as that's the color of the installed LED's which are creating the light. Displays which allow for multiple colors actually use compound LED units, typically RGB--altering the current between the LEDs creates the variation in hue. In this case, there's only one color of LED installed.

Last edited:

INoahGuy

Passed Driver's Ed
noahlminer,

No its not mine, i went with DSG because of the speed diff and because after years of manuals i like that i can have the best of both worlds with DSG. That being said i had to look around for the DSG R. There were 3 manuals in the area that didnt have DDC.

Yes its in the display settings. Press menu on the system and go from there.

Cheers!

All the ambient lights are white sadly. That picture is deceptive. The buttons are all white as well. Only the disco glow strips on the doors, sills and gauges are blue. But what is not shown is there are led ambient lights in the door handle wells and door latch wells in the front which are cool. Im thinking that to get everything blue would mean pulling off the dash and door panels and inserting blue bulbs in place of the white, and doing so for every button/ambient unit. Has anyone done this for the door bulbs?

chingon_r

Passed Driver's Ed
I prefer the white lights so the blue ones stand out more, I did change the white footwell lights to blue though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk