GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PLEASE HELP!! No power steering and lots of faults

Ryanw0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Volkswagen gti
I have a 2015 gti se that has an ESC light, TPMS, adaptive front lighting and windshield wipers fault. I just did all new rotors, pads, new calipers in rear, brake and clutch bleed. Is this battery related or sound more like abs sensor? Wont be able to scan until tmrw evening

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 53

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I remember first time I saw all of that.

Start car
turn wheel left to lock and hold 5 seconds
turn wheel all way right to lock and hold 5 seconds
return wheel to center
back up a few feet and then pull forward to where you were
lights should disappear

*or just go for a short drive lol.

Ryanw0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Volkswagen gti
Did you disconnect the battery while working on it? If so, fault codes usually pop up and will go away after a short drive.
I did, here’s the thing though. I accidentally put the cables on backwards cause I set the battery in opposite🤦🏼‍♂️after 14 hours of straight work lol, so idk if that has anything to do with it. It was only 5 seconds maybe and it was disconnected again. Driven it twice and nothing

Ryanw0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Volkswagen gti
I remember first time I saw all of that.

Start car
turn wheel left to lock and hold 5 seconds
turn wheel all way right to lock and hold 5 seconds
return wheel to center
back up a few feet and then pull forward to where you were
lights should disappear

*or just go for a short drive lol.
I drove it around the block last night and 4 times this morning and still nothing. I’ll try that though, thanks!

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I did, here’s the thing though. I accidentally put the cables on backwards cause I set the battery in opposite🤦🏼‍♂️after 14 hours of straight work lol, so idk if that has anything to do with it. It was only 5 seconds maybe and it was disconnected again. Driven it twice and nothing
Wait....you reversed the polarity?

......oh boy

Ryanw0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Volkswagen gti
Wait....you reversed the polarity?

......oh boy
Yup🤦🏼‍♂️I figured this was most likely the problem but I know abs sensors can cause this too. Everything else seems to be working fine, no problem starting or driving. Fuses all looked okay as well

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
What are the remaining codes?

Ryanw0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Volkswagen gti
What are the remaining codes?
I don’t have the codes yet, it’s getting scanned tmrw night. The esc and tpms light would always come on and pop off when i had to take tires off. power steering, adaptive lights and windshield wipers are new

Ryanw0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Volkswagen gti
I don’t have the codes yet, it’s getting scanned tmrw night. The esc and tpms light would always come on and pop off when i had to take tires off. power steering, adaptive lights and windshield wipers are new
Except now all of the lights are staying

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Oooof...check your fuses....if something is blown you got lucky....if not....prepare for a repair bill...

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
If it’s not fuses, what do you think happened?
Bro...you hooked up the battery backwards....angry energy pixies went a way they weren't supposed to travel...highly likely you blew something(s).

More than one fuze box exists in the car, engine bay is only one of them, confirm you checked the in dash one as well. If you have no idea where is located, I would recommend opening the owners manual. And you propbably also decreased the life of your battery.

Last edited:

Ryanw0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Volkswagen gti
Bro...you hooked up the battery backwards....angry energy pixies went a way they weren't supposed to travel...highly likely you blew something(s).

More than one fuze box exists in the car, engine bay is only one of them, confirm you checked the in dash one as well. If you have no idea where is located, I would recommend opening the owners manual. And you propbably also decreased the life of your battery.
Okay so the wiper fuse was blown, everything else was good in both the engine bay and right below the steering wheel

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Will wait and see what the code scan reveals