GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parts for highline rear camera retrofit

ejje

Car(s)
MK7 2016 1.2TSI
Has anyone explored the possibility to use a camera from a passat in a golf? It's seems like the highline version is much more common on that model and they look very similar to the build.

for example part number: 3G0827469AQ, it seems to have the highline camera module inside(p.n 5Q0 980 556 B)

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Has anyone explored the possibility to use a camera from a passat in a golf? It's seems like the highline version is much more common on that model and they look very similar to the build.

for example part number: 3G0827469AQ, it seems to have the highline camera module inside(p.n 5Q0 980 556 B)
Emblem won't fit.

ejje

Car(s)
MK7 2016 1.2TSI
Does anyone know if there is difference between the emblem in the Golf Hatchback and the Golf Estate?

Or better yet, does anyone know if the Golf Estate emblem works in a Golf Hatchback?

ejje

Car(s)
MK7 2016 1.2TSI
Would it not be possible to bend the drain pipe down or make a custom one? Or is it too tight inside the trim?

ejje

Car(s)
MK7 2016 1.2TSI
My meaning was to use an estate emblem in a hatchback car. Looking at some photos and youtube it looks kinda do-able... whats you opinion?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
My meaning was to use an estate emblem in a hatchback car. Looking at some photos and youtube it looks kinda do-able... whats you opinion?
Ah I see, the other way around...

You will probably find that the drain tube provided isn't long enough to do the bend, but that's not to see you can't just manufacture your own with some rubber tubing and a grommet.

ejje

Car(s)
MK7 2016 1.2TSI
Awesome! Just found a used highline one for a reasonable price. Hopefully it should work well.
One think i'm thinking about is if the camera has been calibrated to a estate car, maybe the guidelines will be a bit off.

Silverstar

Car(s)
VW Golf 7.5 Variant
Hi all sorry to revive an old thread. I just purchased a late 2017 (2018 model) Golf Variant and I am researching options to install a reverse camera. With regards to the high line camera and calibration. Carsystems.eu have told me that whilst coding will be necessary calibration most like won't be necessary. Is this not true? I am also looking at the cheaper option of a Chinese version of Aliexpress / Alibaba they have a model with canbus OBD Dynamic guidelines (same as high line), has anyone had the experience of fitting of these?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi all sorry to revive an old thread. I just purchased a late 2017 (2018 model) Golf Variant and I am researching options to install a reverse camera. With regards to the high line camera and calibration. Carsystems.eu have told me that whilst coding will be necessary calibration most like won't be necessary. Is this not true? I am also looking at the cheaper option of a Chinese version of Aliexpress / Alibaba they have a model with canbus OBD Dynamic guidelines (same as high line), has anyone had the experience of fitting of these?
It can't be calibrated anyway.

It's pretty noticeable that it's not calibrated as the guidelines sort of point up into the sky instead of being flat on the ground. Close enough, but certainly not reliable.

Don't get a Chinese replica. They're known for failing motors.

Silverstar

Car(s)
VW Golf 7.5 Variant
It can't be calibrated anyway.

It's pretty noticeable that it's not calibrated as the guidelines sort of point up into the sky instead of being flat on the ground. Close enough, but certainly not reliable.

Don't get a Chinese replica. They're known for failing motors.
Thanks for your reply. Looking at your comments on other threads it seems it isn't worth paying extra for the high line version and I would be better off sticking with the low line?

I know carsystems.eu sells the low line but I have found this one which is a bit cheaper, I am assuming this is the low line version?:

https://shop.ahw-shop.de/rueckfahrk...golf-7-variant-nachruestsatz-kamera-5g9054634