GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parts for highline rear camera retrofit

ejje

Car(s)
MK7 2016 1.2TSI
Hi,

I'm planning to do a retrofit of a OEM highline rear camera and have run in to some questions in my planning

Since I'm currently at a lower budget my plan is to source the wire harness from Aliexpress and buy a used OEM camera locally + OBDeleven for coding.

My MIB2 head unit is a 3q0035824a, to my understanding it should support the camera. I also have parking sensors installed front and rear from factory if that makes any difference.

The wire I'm planning to buy: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33041466887.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.33cd3c00nXVHwW&mp=1
The seller informs me this will work with dynamic guidelines saying: "The camera needs to be high configuration [4 lines], support dynamic trajectory".
But what he means by "4 lines" I'm not sure of.

My questions now is:
1) What part number for OEM flip badge camera is the highline version that supports dynamic guidelines? I have access to the following:
  • 5G0827469F
  • 5G0827469FFOD
  • 5G0827469C
  • 5G0827469E
2) Do you see any issues with my plan?

Please let me know if you need more info. Thank you!

ericek565

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7 Variant 2.0
The harness worked for me. It is basically the same cable as OEM.
I tried it on LOWLINE (cable without can cables) and HIGLHLINE also.
- He means 4 cables. CAN+, CAN-, Black and white cable for video.

What i know for sure that this is Higline camera 5G9827469H

I cannot help you with OBD I codded it with VCDS.

edit:
If you look at the black squared connector.
In LOWLINE 3 cables goes to the connector.
In HIGHLINE 4 cables goes to the connector

Attachments

• Inked12202-DSCN7698_LI.jpg
    Inked12202-DSCN7698_LI.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 648
  • IMG_20200820_210040.jpg
    IMG_20200820_210040.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:

ejje

Car(s)
MK7 2016 1.2TSI
Okay I see, after some searching I guess the hard part will be to find a used "4 cable-camera" from my local place. I may have to abandon that plan :) Thank you for confirming that the cable worked for you!

ericek565

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7 Variant 2.0
To bad you are from Sweden.
Here in Slovakia or Poland you can get them for approx. 120€
I wonder what would be the shipping to Sweden.
The Highline camera is fine but some people are having problems with the sensors ( when reversing front sensors wont beep). And sometimes you have to calibrate the camera...
I have fitted lowline in my Car but i am thinking to upgrade it to highline..

ejje

Car(s)
MK7 2016 1.2TSI
Wow, thats a good price.
Is there any specific features that you miss from the highline camera?

ericek565

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7 Variant 2.0
The highline camera have
-dynamic trajectory
-fisheye
-trailer View (topdown view)
-and some 3D object mode

Personaly i think it is a bit of a gimmick..
A have the parkassist 2.0 but I barely use it. It is like “look what my Car can do” and then never use it 😂

I just like lowline because i can see behind me.. and that is all

ejje

Car(s)
MK7 2016 1.2TSI
Yeah, I guess I wouldn't use all those features either but it's the dynamic guidelines that gets me interested. Are they usable without the calibration?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Yeah, I guess I wouldn't use all those features either but it's the dynamic guidelines that gets me interested. Are they usable without the calibration?
Yes, but you cannot trust them as it's not calibrated. They sort of point up in to the sky a bit.

Not really any use, just a gimmick.

ejje

Car(s)
MK7 2016 1.2TSI
EDIT: If I fit a used camera from another golf, could it already be calibrated maybe?

Could one do a similar procedure as in this video for calibration?

I see carsystems.eu sells the calibration board.

Last edited:

ejje

Car(s)
MK7 2016 1.2TSI
Okay. Do you know if the calibration is stored in the camera/badge itself or the MIB unit?

If I fit a camera used camera from a similar car, could it already be calibrated?

ejje

Car(s)
MK7 2016 1.2TSI
Haha just found in another topic that highline only was available for some other specific cars. I guess even if I could find one the calibration would be off when mounted in a Golf 😁

Maybe I will just settle for the lowline. Hopefully I will still get the parking sensor overlay on the display.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Haha just found in another topic that highline only was available for some other specific cars. I guess even if I could find one the calibration would be off when mounted in a Golf 😁

Maybe I will just settle for the lowline. Hopefully I will still get the parking sensor overlay on the display.
It was only available on the last few MYs of the Golf 7.5 as part of the trailer assist package.

Parameters still can't be found, so calibration is basically impossible unless you can find a used one from a Golf (at which point calibration isn't necessary anyway!)