GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parking Lights as DRL, OR DRL hack? mk7R

scientificharmony

Ready to race!
@scientificharmony : Maybe it's your thick Yankee accent - but you have lost me!! I still don't understand.

If I'm reading the 2 x Leuchte-sets that you posted correctly, the lamps are currently programmed to illuminate for:
  • Parking Lights: meaning when the low-beams are switched-ON , maybe you call this "position lights"?)
  • Single-Side-Parking-Lights : meaning when the ignition is OFF and the turn-indicator is left switched to one side of the car), and
  • DRL
Not sure how you want this changed?

Don
D39F223B-7A10-4EC6-B60F-C24764284E5E.jpeg

DV52

Drag Racing Champion

Wooter

Car(s)
Golf R
@DV52 piggybacking on this topic. Is it possible to have only the "U" lights as a DRL in Auto versus having the lowbeam and U lights on simultaneously. I suppose the look I'm trying to achieve is Parking lights in Auto mode, so I won't have to turn the knob back and forth.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
@Wooter: Hi.

So that I'm sure that I understand your question - I will paraphrase:
  • Your car has LED type DRLs with Xenon low-beam lights and it's a NAR model.
  • Currently the "angel-eyes" and Low-beam lamps operate as DRLs when the rotary light switch is in AUTO position. What lamps illumination for the DRL function with the rotary light switch in "0" position?
  • The change that you want is to disable the DRL function from the low-beam lamps
If this is correct, please post-up the Leuchte-set values for Leuchte6ABL LC5 -please

Don

Wooter

Car(s)
Golf R
@Wooter: Hi.

So that I'm sure that I understand your question - I will paraphrase:
  • Your car has LED type DRLs with Xenon low-beam lights and it's a NAR model.
  • Currently the "angel-eyes" and Low-beam lamps operate as DRLs when the rotary light switch is in AUTO position. What lamps illumination for the DRL function with the rotary light switch in "0" position?
  • The change that you want is to disable the DRL function from the low-beam lamps
If this is correct, please post-up the Leuchte-set values for Leuchte6ABL LC5 -please

Don

1) Correct, xenon NAR
2) 0 position, all DRL on. Tail lights, low beams, halos
3) Yes, please.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220412-155305_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20220412-155305_OBDeleven.jpg
    529.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20220412-155300_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20220412-155300_OBDeleven.jpg
    560.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
@Wooter : So, your Leuchte-set doesn't contain a specific command to illuminate the DRLs.

This means (I think) that the low-beam behavior on your car is enabled by Außenlicht_Front-Fahrlicht bei Tag , which is a channel in the central electrics module

Maybe try the procedure in my pics below (select "Normal"). Based on your answer to my question about what happens when the rotary light switch is in the 0 position - I suspect that the channel setting on your car is the last option in the 2nd picture below?

Don

Wooter

Car(s)
Golf R
@Wooter : So, your Leuchte-set doesn't contain a specific command to illuminate the DRLs.

This means (I think) that the low-beam behavior on your car is enabled by Außenlicht_Front-Fahrlicht bei Tag , which is a channel in the central electrics module

Maybe try the procedure in my pics below (select "Normal"). Based on your answer to my question about what happens when the rotary light switch is in the 0 position - I suspect that the channel setting on your car is the last option in the 2nd picture below?

Don

Attached is what it is currently set to.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220413-133559_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20220413-133559_OBDeleven.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
hmm..... baffling!!!

Maybe try this:
Leuchte6ABL LC5 and Leuchte7ABL RB1
  • Lichtfunktion D > Tagfahrlicht

Don