GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2004 and P0302 help

TimmyTbonez235

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Car has 30k miles on it. FBO and IS38. Was doing a pull and I got a CEL. Stopped the car to check it out on my Accessport, those two codes came up and I swapped the plugs and coil packs to another cylinder for process of elimination. Long story short, cylinder 2 is still misfiring. Any help in this issue would be greatly appreciated.

anotherwhitemk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
The misfire could be caused by the p2004. FBO, I’m guessing you have an aftermarket DV/BOV? Try putting the stock DV back on and give it a shot.

TimmyTbonez235

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
The misfire could be caused by the p2004. FBO, I’m guessing you have an aftermarket DV/BOV? Try putting the stock DV back on and give it a shot.

Currently running factory DV. Heard a bunch of issues with aftermarket BOV/DV so I decided to keep the factory one. As far as vacuum leaks go, the only other vacuum line that could cause an issue is the vacuum line that runs from the intake box right?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Currently running factory DV. Heard a bunch of issues with aftermarket BOV/DV so I decided to keep the factory one. As far as vacuum leaks go, the only other vacuum line that could cause an issue is the vacuum line that runs from the intake box right?

It isn't a vacuum leak or it would affect all the cylinders. Check the links that I posted.

anotherwhitemk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI

Sorry man, had that code confused with a P2006 (runners stuck closed) code I had caused by my Forge DV center section that kept coming loose, creating a vacuum leak; one reason I went back to the stock DV haha.

Not sure what would cause the runner to be stuck open though, interested to find out.

TimmyTbonez235

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Sorry man, had that code confused with a P2006 (runners stuck closed) code I had caused by my Forge DV center section that kept coming loose, creating a vacuum leak; one reason I went back to the stock DV haha.

Not sure what would cause the runner to be stuck open though, interested to find out.

So I wound up swapping the manifold and I am still getting the misfire 😰

TimmyTbonez235

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
How did the valves look when you pulled the manifold?
Im like a mother trying to take a photo for Facebook so most of my pictures came out bad but this one came out pretty good. That’s the valves at 30k miles

Attachments

• 6A699F57-2193-486E-A6B4-C168BD11D84F.jpeg
    6A699F57-2193-486E-A6B4-C168BD11D84F.jpeg
    924.1 KB · Views: 108

TimmyTbonez235

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE