GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0341 code after swapping to IS38

jerodbroten

Ready to race!
Hello everyone, so I now have this issue. Installed a new IS38 on my car, running it with JB4. Well, on the way home the check engine light comes on. Pull off to the side of the road, plug in obdeleven, scan, get a fault code of PO341. Look it up and it says it's for camshaft pos.sensor cerc. Range/performance. So I get home, check every wire (all connected), try unplugging/replugging jb4, still get the code. If I erase it and drive, it doesn't come on. No limp mode, nothing. As soon as I turn off my car, then back on, it pops right back up. Any ideas?

Last edited:

jerodbroten

Ready to race!
Yes, I unplugged completely and also running just the jb4.

jerodbroten

Ready to race!
No, the JB4 is very capable of handling the is38. Many forum members here use just the jb4.

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
Back to basics. Check every plug and connector. There's no real reason for this to happen other than something being unplugged or jostled.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
No, the JB4 is very capable of handling the is38. Many forum members here use just the jb4.

I am thinking about the same setup! How did it feel with the IS38? Notice a big difference?

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I would honestly tune for that turbo, you have already sent it clear past your warranty, might as well give it the fuel and timing it wants.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Did you connect the sensors properly on the passenger side of the engine. There are two plugs that connect to the sensors.

jerodbroten

Ready to race!
I am thinking about the same setup! How did it feel with the IS38? Notice a big difference?

Honestly, it's not a night and day difference, but a difference nonetheless. The main thing is that it pulls hard up top. Still working on the settings.

jerodbroten

Ready to race!
So it appears that it was my dv+ causing the issue. Put the stock one back on and no codes.

jerodbroten

Ready to race!
Lol, I think it is.