GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure - Too Low

OceanJack

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Never a dull moment with my MK7, thinking it was going to be stout and reliable. I just have shitty luck I think.

I got a nasty hesitation like it was missing and bucking like it was running out of gas, car had more than a half tank in it and it did this as I drove off after starting. Didn't think anything of it since it only lasted a few seconds, no codes on the dash. So I didn't think to scan it, however I filled up last night at the same station I've been going to for a while now.

Got into the car after leaving the post office and again I get that nasty hesitation at low speed (10-15mph) giving it gas just made it worse then it just smoothed out like nothing happened. So I decided to scan for codes on the way home, that's the code I received from OBD11.

Car has 60k miles, was tuned with a JB4 before but I removed it 5k miles ago. Just stock now, fresh plugs at 50k miles, have always used 93 octane and Shell gas.

My CPO warranty and Powertrain just ran out, so I might be footing the bill for this one. I'm guessing either the LPFP is going bad?

******Update******* Spoke to VW Customer Care, after a little pushing they are willing to escalate and put some "assistance" towards the repair. So I am making an appointment with a dealer as we speak.

Last edited:

OceanJack

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Thanks, Diggs. I went into OBD11 and tried finding the fuel rail pressure values. At idle it's giving me between 3200-3500 Kpa
How do I log the values through OBD11? PID?

Last edited:

OceanJack

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Screenshot_20220211-160238_OBDeleven.jpg

Here's a snapshot of it at idle. I'll try and do a log then report back.

OceanJack

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Resolution is too poor but HPFP appears to be tracking correctly. I'd guess LPFP. Pretty easy DIY if you are handy.
Ughhh, I have no issues replacing it. I looked up the cost, over 500 bucks.

I'm going to see how much vw customer care will chip in and go from there.

Thanks, @Diggs24!!

Last edited:

OceanJack

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I haven't had a chance to bring it in the dealer yet, keep scanning for codes and still have yet to pop back up. Since I last posted, I've stopped filling up from the same station and have gone on a 1500 mile road trip. The only thing I did was, pull the cover to the LPFP and unplugged/reconnected the wiring to check if it was loose. Nothing weird there, but will report back with any issues.

GoLfUnV

Ready to race!
I am having the same issue on my audi, it happens only when taking off from a light. I never get a cel with. It only happens during the cool days with Temps in the 40s (not sure if relevant). I was wondering of you ever got this resolved?

OceanJack

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I am having the same issue on my audi, it happens only when taking off from a light. I never get a cel with. It only happens during the cool days with Temps in the 40s (not sure if relevant). I was wondering of you ever got this resolved?
Yeah, I threw in a new lpfp.

Been fine ever since and I'm tuned as well