GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0036 code after downpipe install

Tgsn

So recently I had a shop install my depo racing high flow cat downpipe with a vibrant j spacer using the medium sized insert. Facing the engine at a slight upwards angle. As I drove away from the shop on the highway my cel came up. Didn’t think too much of it as it could have been for the catalyst efficiency lean or rich. And probably just needed a different spacer and adjustments. But few days later I decided to scan to find out whether the car was running rich or lean. I got the p0036 code which is related to the heater circuit. Could it be that the shop damaged the o2? Would replacing the downstream sensor resolve my current light? I checked the fuse and connection up top the wiring looks fine. I will have the shop look from underneath to make sure. But for those of you who had this code please share what you did to resolve the code. Thank you. And side note the car was inspected three days prior before I installed the downpipe. Passed with no codes or faults. I knew something would come up after the install. That’s why I had it inspected before I did it. So now I have a year to resolve the problems that come with a downpipe.

Tgsn

Sounds like O2 sensor was damaged. Probably twisted it and the wiring got pinched.
Yeah given the code that was scanned. I was thinking to myself like what else could it possibly be for? I’m gonna have the shop examine it today once I get out of work. To confirm the issue. I’m not getting any catalyst efficiency related codes so would that mean the spacer is doing it’s job or is the sensor just not functioning.

local

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19R
Yeah given the code that was scanned. I was thinking to myself like what else could it possibly be for? I’m gonna have the shop examine it today once I get out of work. To confirm the issue. I’m not getting any catalyst efficiency related codes so would that mean the spacer is doing it’s job or is the sensor just not functioning.

Did you get this code taken care of? P0036 just popped up for me after dp install.