GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P ZERO ALL SEASON PLUS VS. EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06

MikeyR44

Go Kart Newbie
I'm trying to decide between these two tires for my GTI and could use a recommendation. Every objective study by Tire Rack shows the Pirelli as the better tire, but I can't find any real world feed back on them on the internet, whereas there is tons of feedback on the Continentals. The Pirelli is the much cheaper tire so that's the way I'm leaning, but would appreciate some feedback anyway.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...8P0ASPXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...8DWS06XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I don’t think anyone on here would recommend the Pirellis over the DWS06.

Where do you see the Pirellis rated higher?

fretburnr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I don’t think anyone on here would recommend the Pirellis over the DWS06.

Where do you see the Pirellis rated higher?

I don't think OP is comparing to the original equipment Pirellis, but a different model. My stockers are P7 Cinturato, not PZero.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
No personal experience but TireRack rated the Pirelli better than the Michelin AS3

The Stig2

Ready to race!
The Pirelli is the much cheaper tire so that's the way I'm leaning, but would appreciate some feedback anyway.

Why purchase a performance car like a GTI if you are now going to cheap out on the single most key variable (outside of tuning) that impacts ride handing, comfort, and performance? Don't factor in cost, just focus only on the better tire. If the better tire happens to be cheaper than the other, then bonus, if not, then don't lean towards the cheaper tire unless its dead even. If you are looking to save money, then you should have purchase a regular Golf

MikeyR44

Go Kart Newbie
Why purchase a performance car like a GTI if you are now going to cheap out on the single most key variable (outside of tuning) that impacts ride handing, comfort, and performance? Don't factor in cost, just focus only on the better tire. If the better tire happens to be cheaper than the other, then bonus, if not, then don't lean towards the cheaper tire unless its dead even. If you are looking to save money, then you should have purchase a regular Golf

My gosh, did you just copy and paste this response from the dozens of other times it was posted? Do you know anything about either of the tires that I'm deciding between? I'm not interested in running summers and according to the DATA that is out there on these tires, the cheaper Pirelli is rated above the highly praised Continental. Your response would be appropriate if I wanted to buy some el cheapo tire, but the fact of the matter is that both of these tires are rated at the top of their class and I'm trying to make a decision between the two.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
DWS 06 by a wide margin over the Pirelli's. I own both and the DWS 06 is just about the best HP A/S going (good wear, good noise, very good dry grip, great snow grip, great wet grip, very good ride quality). I've had 2 sets and will buy a third when it's time. The only thing the Pirelli's have going for them is they are quiet and ride really well, but the rest is merely average at best.

Mich AS3 is stiffer (harsher ride) and noisier than the DWS 06. On the skid pad it's a bit better in the dry but the DWS 06 is much better in snow/ice. The only difference I feel you will notice is at the extremes, the Mich will perform a bit better dry. If you are going to run at the extremes maybe the extra expense for the AS3 is worth it. For me I'll give up that nth degree extreme performance for better ride quality and lesser noise, lower price and better wear.

Last edited:

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
No personal experience the those Pirellis but the Conti's are a great performance all-season (as are the Michelins).

From my experience the DWS06s have slightly better snow traction and offer better ride comfort but the Michelins have better dry traction and steering response so it's kind of a direct trade-off. The Conti's are also generally less expensive outside of any rebates.

Similar to the lack of forum reviews you reported, the customer reviews for the Pirelli are based on 393,000 total miles while the Conti's are based on 6,748,700 miles. Not sure if the ratings would stabilize with more reviews but thought it was worth pointing out.

Last edited:

The Stig2

Ready to race!
My gosh, did you just copy and paste this response from the dozens of other times it was posted? Do you know anything about either of the tires that I'm deciding between? I'm not interested in running summers and according to the DATA that is out there on these tires, the cheaper Pirelli is rated above the highly praised Continental. Your response would be appropriate if I wanted to buy some el cheapo tire, but the fact of the matter is that both of these tires are rated at the top of their class and I'm trying to make a decision between the two.

Slow down there cowboy. I'm trying to help you, no need to get your fanny in a knot. I know that as it relates to the best All Season tires, the Continentals DWS06 and the Michelin PSA/S3 seem to be the best rated for the MK7s both in terms of the road tests and per the reviews. Not sure where yours data is coming from, but from what I can see, the Pirelli lags behind. Just telling you that its short sighted to lean towards the lesser rated tire because its cheaper. You own a GTI for Cris's sake, go with the best.

BTW, there is no such thing as two tires top of the same class. One is always going to be better, and GTI owners don't do themselves justice by not picking the best.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S

Typically rated in the top 3. Good price. Best looking.[emoji1303]

Just stirring the pot...