GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

osram headlights delaminating?

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
hey guys unfortunately it looks like my European imported Osram headlights are delaminating.

kind of upsetting considering their cost but I am totally happy with their performance and looks. I just noticed this while walking out to my car the other day. they have been on my car for less than 2 years, about 18 months. I live in New Jersey so our summers have been pretty hot but our climate is not outrageous or anything. I handwash the car and do not use any abrasive soaps or chemicals so I do not think it's something I did. I was trying to blame myself for this but it just looks like product failure. is this just something inevitable I should ignore or should I contact sylvania/osram and see if they would replace them under warranty? Not sure how successful I'd be considering these were imported

1703873073094.jpeg

1703873082541.jpeg

1703873086890.jpeg

1703873096759.jpeg

1703873089689.jpeg

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
Yeah I sent them an email but I'm not holding my breath since I bought them from a German online automobile store, but they're pretty reputable and I provided proof of purchase in my email. Regardless I found something that says they warranty their automobile parts for 5 years... I'll let you guys know what they say. I'm kind of screwed though because if they ask for me to send them back I sold my stock headlights and I won't have a drivable car until I get replacements.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Yeah I sent them an email but I'm not holding my breath since I bought them from a German online automobile store, but they're pretty reputable and I provided proof of purchase in my email. Regardless I found something that says they warranty their automobile parts for 5 years... I'll let you guys know what they say. I'm kind of screwed though because if they ask for me to send them back I sold my stock headlights and I won't have a drivable car until I get replacements.
I could sell you my stock headlights that I'm not using.