GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ordered a JB-1 did i get a JB-4?

signkutter

Ready to race!
Mine says JB4 in the software and came with a JB4 sticker, but definitely installed correctly and works on my Sportwagen. My guess is they don't make JB1 stickers or software, because the JB1 is just a placeholder in their lineup until the JB4 is released. I'd also guess that JB1 owners will be given an upgrade option.

Thansk sethdude , I suspected as much but wanted to make sure before I
started plugging this thing in.

josh.dsg

Ready to race!
sorry for my naiveness (i know its not a word), but exactly how big / reputable is this company again?

Worldwide. Huge. Incredibly reputable (thousands and thousands of units).

Their original Juice Box platform was built for use in BMWs; simple marketing material mishap.
Not like its the first time the wrong paper was shipped with an order.

Dealer

Ready to race!
Worldwide. Huge. Incredibly reputable (thousands and thousands of units).

Their original Juice Box platform was built for use in BMWs; simple marketing material mishap.
Not like its the first time the wrong paper was shipped with an order.

i see

just interesting that such a "Worldwide. Huge. Incredibly reputable (thousands and thousands of units" company can't print out correct stickers that cost $.05 at most and send the right marketing material.

but anyway, OP: sounds like you may have the right unit, post pics !

josh.dsg

Ready to race!
i see

just interesting that such a "Worldwide. Huge. Incredibly reputable (thousands and thousands of units" company can't print out correct stickers that cost $.05 at most and send the right marketing material.

but anyway, OP: sounds like you may have the right unit, post pics !

Tell that to Amazon, who regularly ship out incorrect items (as a $250 billion company) #humanthings

Dealer

Ready to race!
Tell that to Amazon, who regularly ship out incorrect items (as a $250 billion company) #humanthings

didn't mean to hit a nerve there mate ;)

Dealer

Ready to race!

Tone1

Ready to race!
Yeah I'm guessing JB1 makes up a tiny portion of the companies total sales, they have over a dozen other tuning boxes in the JB4 world. All of their literature/branding is JB4. I don't think it was a mistake, that's just what they send.

signkutter

Ready to race!
I went ahead and installed the JB-1 trusting that BMS just sent the wrong swag...and thats was the case. I figured that putting this thing in would be like building and AR15...the plugs are only going to fit in one place...if it was the wrong box...it simply wouldnt mate up to the plugs on the VW.

That was the case and I got it installed in about 45 minutes...went out and gave a few WOT runs as specified...very happy with the results

signkutter

Ready to race!
Yeah I'm guessing JB1 makes up a tiny portion of the companies total sales, they have over a dozen other tuning boxes in the JB4 world. All of their literature/branding is JB4. I don't think it was a mistake, that's just what they send.

i dont have a problem with the JB4 swag...they dont have to send any if they dont want too. I'm still putting the JB4 metal tag on my keychain...looks cool

Tone1

Ready to race!
Wish I got a metal tag with mine!

signkutter

Ready to race!
Yeah, I'm jealous of you baggers of swag. I got nothing :(

Behold the swag