GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Filler Hole Extension

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
In the interest of not jamming a funnel into the standard fill hole anymore, I picked up a tube extension & cap used on some of the other/newer EA888 motors.

I'm hoping this gives me a nice place to rest the funnel and alleviates the oil weeping from the cap that still occurs even with a "better" gasket placed in the factory cap. The o-ring seal on the extension is large and flat so it should make a solid no-weep seal.

This is a legit OEM VW China part
Apply to Passat B8L Tiguan L Golf 7 MK7 CC EA888 improved oil cap Oil filling port Oil cover 05E 103 485 06K 106 281 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000201308010.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.67e44c4dVRkBQj

05E 103 485B is the cap
06K 103 281B is the filler tube

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Pretty ugly, BUT let us know if it works, I have tried everything and I still have oil weeping.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Pretty ugly, BUT let us know if it works, I have tried everything and I still have oil weeping.

It sits about even with the top of the engine cover. An oil cap is not something I'm worried about having look glamorous in my engine bay though.

I can't imagine, given the thickness of that gasket, that it'll be able to leak, but I will definitely keep posted here.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
If you're in a area that gets a cold winter, that extension filler neck allows for condensation, so you can get milky oil when you remove the cap, giving you a false indication of a head gasket leak. 2.0 FSI-turbo (BPY) had a filler neck extension for the engine cover/air filter housing, so it was a normal occurrence

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
If you're in a area that gets a cold winter, that extension filler neck allows for condensation, so you can get milky oil when you remove the cap, giving you a false indication of a head gasket leak. 2.0 FSI-turbo (BPY) had a filler neck extension for the engine cover/air filter housing, so it was a normal occurrence

Interesting. Noted.

We only see about 30 over night here at the coldest, at least in the 6.5 years I've lived where I do in the Bay Area. I know you're in CA too, Do you live in a warmer part of the country now than when you experienced this or is this something you've experienced here in CA?

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
Interesting. Noted.

We only see about 30 over night here at the coldest, at least in the 6.5 years I've lived where I do in the Bay Area. I know you're in CA too, Do you live in a warmer part of the country now than when you experienced this or is this something you've experienced here in CA?
This was back when I lived in NJ where I had all 4 seasons to live through

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Interesting. Noted.

You will definitely have condensation at 30 degrees. The reason I know is I'm in Phoenix and 30 degrees is about as low as we'll go and my catch can traps condensation at that temperature.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
You will definitely have condensation at 30 degrees. The reason I know is I'm in Phoenix and 30 degrees is about as low as we'll go and my catch can traps condensation at that temperature.

This was back when I lived in NJ where I had all 4 seasons to live through

Thinking more about it, I guess its interesting that VW ships these on a bunch of their newer cars then.

My buddy's 2019 Tiguan has it and I've seen photos of others who have it too.