GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Catch Can in the Winter

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The Spulen OCC doesn't retain the OEM PCV.

So, you removed the pcv and not use a CC to catch what the factory pcv valve used to prevent from being sent to the intake? Great job.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So, you removed the pcv and not use a CC to catch what the factory pcv valve used to prevent from being sent to the intake? Great job.

I use a catch can. And I don't want the blowby that the OEM PCV sends back into the intake to coat the back of the valves.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I use a catch can. And I don't want the blowby that the OEM PCV sends back into the intake to coat the back of the valves.

But catch cans that retain the pcv stay bone dry. You still haven't put 2 and 2 together.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That type of OCC is a waste of money.

You're almost there. All CC's are a waste of money, unless you track. You're so close.

And your CC is an even bigger waste of money.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
You guys....
2AB70F56-40AA-454F-9CAD-B734C49BE466.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Serial cereal.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Completely disagree. You do your car and I'll do mine.

You can disagree all you want. You're going off of marketing nonsense from Spuken, while openly acknowledging that CC's don't catch anything without removing the pcv.

It's astounding that you can't piece together why.

But I don't give a rats ass what you do you your car.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You can disagree all you want. You're going off of marketing nonsense from Spuken, while openly acknowledging that CC's don't catch anything without removing the pcv.

It's astounding that you can't piece together why.

But I don't give a rats ass what you do you your car.

It's Spulen not Spuken. I can piece together what you believe I just don't agree.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It still functions the same way the OEM PCV does just diverting the liquid to the can. You might as well give it up because you'll never convince me otherwise. I've saved the fluid from the can and it tests mainly as combustion blowby that gets by the rings under heavy acceleration.
https://www.vwvortex.com/aftermarke...-presents-the-spulen-spherical-catch-can-kit/

I thought you said CC with stock pcv don't catch anything? So if there nothing to catch until you remove the stock pcv, then you're the one creating the problem than you spunken cc solves.

AGAIN, unless you track, you don't need a CC.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I/someone needs to make an in depth thread on OEM pcv function and how aftermarket systems change it...meh I'm too lazy.