GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Catch Can in the Winter

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I thought you said CC with stock pcv don't catch anything? So if there nothing to catch until you remove the stock pcv, then you're the one creating the problem than you spunken cc solves.

AGAIN, unless you track, you don't need a CC.

Read the link . If you get a catch can that doesn't REPLACE the OEM PCV valve the OEM PCV valve will continue to function as it does with nothing being diverted to the catch can. The Spulen OCC sends the liquid to the can and the vapor back through the intake.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The stock pcv doesn't divert anything to the cc, because the stock pcv FREAKING is doing it's job, unless you're braking and turning on track.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Most of us: the stock pcv does a great job at its functions unless you are tracking the car. This is evidenced by catch cans that don't replace the pcv barely collecting oil if any at all.

One guy: no catch cans are absolutely necessary, I replaced my pcv with one designed to send oil into the catch can, and it catches oil in the catch can!

Just come off it. You are trying to justify a frankly insane $600+ full pcv replacement system that is not needed unless you are tracking.

Catch cans don't do anything for carbon buildup also! Just accept it, it's proven.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
There is if you add one. Earth to Jim, this is a thread about Catch Cans.

I never said to get a catch can that doesn't replace the OEM PCV. Replace with a plate that diverts liquid to the can and vapors back to the intake as the OEM PCV does. You have to stop twisting words and making it sound like someone said something different. I havea wholeccoffee can of fluids (blowby) that my catch can has separated from the vapors that go back into the intake.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I never said to get a catch can that doesn't replace the OEM PCV. Replace with a plate that diverts liquid to the can and vapors back to the intake as the OEM PCV does. You have to stop twisting words and making it sound like someone said something different. I havea wholeccoffee can of fluids (blowby) that my catch can has separated from the vapors that go back into the intake.

You have stated repeatedly in cc threads that if you add a cc to a car with stock pcv that you don't get anything in the can. That's because the fractory pcv works, AGAIN, unless you're tracking. You don't track, so you spent a lot of money on a CC system for no reason. I'm fine with that, it's your money, but stop spreading nonsense in EVERY CC thread.

You can talk in circles all you want, but you're still wrong.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You have stated repeatedly in cc threads that if you add a cc to a car with stock pcv that you don't get anything in the can. That's because the fractory pcv works, AGAIN, unless you're tracking. You don't track, so you spent a lot of money on a CC system for no reason. I'm fine with that, it's your money, but stop spreading nonsense in EVERY CC thread.

You can talk in circles all you want, but you're still wrong.

I have stated that if you get a catch can that doesn't REPLACE the OEM PCV you are wasting your money. I found out the hard way. When I got my GTI I installed the same catch can that I had on my Veloster Turbo. It didn't catch anything. The Veloster uses a different system. That's when I got the Spulen OCC system. I'm not talking in circles. You read in circles. Remember what I just said this time.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I have stated that if you get a catch can that doesn't REPLACE the OEM PCV you are wasting your money. I found out the hard way. When I got my GTI I installed the same catch can that I had on my Veloster Turbo. It didn't catch anything. The Veloster uses a different system. That's when I got the Spulen OCC system. I'm not talking in circles. You read in circles. Remember what I just said this time.
Quick question, do you still plan to have your intake valves media blasted even with running a CC?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

IT DIDN'T CATCH ANYTHING BECAUSE THE STOCK PCV WORKS.

The reason you Spunken catches stuff, IS BECAUSE IT REMOVED THE STOCK PCV.

You are so thick headed.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Quick question, do you still plan to have your intake valves media blasted even with running a CC?

Yes because the catch can can't prevent all the carbon buildup on the back of the valves but it can reduce the frequency of needing carbon cleaning done.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
IT DIDN'T CATCH ANYTHING BECAUSE THE STOCK PCV WORKS.

The reason you Spunken catches stuff, IS BECAUSE IT REMOVED THE STOCK PCV.

You are so thick headed.

You are so stupid. You obviously didn't read the link that explains how it works. Like I said I have a coffee can nearly full of blowby that would have gone back into the intake making carbon cleaning done more frequently. And for the last time it REPLACES the OEM PCV. It still functions the same just with the liquids being trapped in the can and the vapors going back into the intake.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Yes because the catch can can't prevent all the carbon buildup on the back of the valves but it can reduce the frequency of needing carbon cleaning done.
Just curious if you removed PVC with the aim of not having to clean the intake valves. Not trying to get into the argument on does a CC do anything, just picking up information. I'd be curious to see your results when you do have them cleaned and how they compare to a stock system. I read a lot on OCC's and stuff with the MK6 Rs, back then the idea was to run Water+Meth injectors that would spray the intake valves to aid in cleaning/stopping carbon buildup.