GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OffRoad Screen and Sport Screen not Showing Values

cfectus

Hi to all,

I installed a Mib2 Plus unit on my 2014 1.4TSi DSG Golf.

Offroad Menu and Sport Screen is enabled, but i can't see the values on it. What may the problem?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
is it possible that your car doesn't have the sensors needed to read the data? I'm just guessing, mind you.

cfectus

I don't think so because the values that i am waiting to see are only oil temp and engine temp. A similar config car of my friend put the same media in is showing it.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Someone with more detailed knowledge will chime in, hopefully, but I seem to recall this having something to do with your gateway version/firmware and possible ECU firmware as well.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I hope thats not the case but only a coding issue :)
@cfectus: hmmm.......... then why not check that the coding is correct?

The Off-road tweak requires that the following adaptation channels are set properly in the hex5F module (use the security code 20103 if needed):

• Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_compass - set to active (default not active)
  • Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_compass_over_threshold_high - set to active (default not active)
  • Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-compass_0x15 - set to active (default not active)

If the settings are correct, try resetting the MIB unit (with the MIB turned-on, press and keep holding down the ON/OFF button until the unit turns-off and then turns-on again)

Don

cfectus

@DV52 thanks, but i don't have problem enabling the screen, both offroad and performance screens are enabled.

But can't see values in it, as seen on the screen temp values for oil and motor is not showing values even the dashboard is showing them.

Attachments

• E3A4973B-DBCB-4CE5-A80A-304773BF7F10.jpeg
    E3A4973B-DBCB-4CE5-A80A-304773BF7F10.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 206

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
@DV52 thanks, but i don't have problem enabling the screen, both offroad and performance screens are enabled.

But can't see values in it, as seen on the screen temp values for oil and motor is not showing values even the dashboard is showing them.
It's very hit and miss as to whether any data comes through after a retrofit.

Dr.Ed

Passed Driver's Ed
It's partial gateway and ECU softwareversion that can process data to Perfomance Monitor. And it's type specific if all values are visible.

cfectus

I was looking to change my Mono Dashboard to a Color MFA Analog Dashboard.

After i change the Dashboard, surprisingly Engine and Oil Temperatures on Media Sport Screen began to show values :D

I was not waiting for this to be caused by dashboard. But "bar" is still not showing, and comments on it are welcome please.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
The info is in the car, but that doesn't mean it's also sent to the MIB by your gateway. Updating your gateway software could help. Turbo pressure will almost never show, there are only a few engines that support it.
Lucky me with my 2015/16 2.0 TDI as it supports all gauges both in Off-road and in Performance screens.