GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
What p/n would have to be replaced to make the FCP kit a RSR kit?

Sent from Mognet using Moogles

Martin398

Ready to race!
I installed the TTRS clutch this past weekend. Opted for the MK7 TOB instead of the MK6 TOB. clutch engagement is just where it was stock. with the delay valve removed and the extra clamping force the clutch pedal responds much better.

I bought everything through FCP and a few items from ECS. I can share part #'s if needed.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
I installed the TTRS clutch this past weekend. Opted for the MK7 TOB instead of the MK6 TOB. clutch engagement is just where it was stock. with the delay valve removed and the extra clamping force the clutch pedal responds much better.

I bought everything through FCP and a few items from ECS. I can share part #'s if needed.

I know all the part #s are in this thread but I would love if you could post them again since you just installed it recently. Thanks man.

2017 Reflex Silver GTI

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
IMO, buy the RSR kit. It's more money but it is proven. Holding IS38 power on my buddy's car for a long time now. I had one in my K04 K6 for 50k and it was perfect. The FCP kit failed on my 2017. Bad TOB which ruined the disc. I yanked it in favor of the RSR. The pressure plates are not the same.

Not a great deal if you have to buy it twice.

Do you by chance have the part numbers handy for the one you installed? If mine starts slipping, I’d like to have a backup plan sooner than later. [emoji106]

Martin398

Ready to race!
Parts list : Installed on 16' GTI S MT

Purchased from FCPEuro

Audi Clutch Kit - Genuine VW Audi 07K141015BX

Audi VW Clutch Disc - Sachs 03G141031P

VW Clutch Release Bearing - Sachs 0A5141671N

VW Flywheel - Sachs 06J105266AL

Audi VW Shouldered Hex Nut - Genuine VW Audi N10332002 (control arms, maye not necessary but why not)

Audi VW Crankshaft Seal - iAbed 462103171F (iAbed Billet RMS. Not necessary, but already in there figured why not. This piece is very nice and much more stout than the stock RMS. Hardware included)

Audi VW Billet Rear Main Seal Installation Tool - Genuine Audi VW T2009

VW Audi Axle Bolt - Genuine VW Audi WHT005437 (didn't use these as I did not have to pull the axles from the hub. Just swung off to the side)

VW Manual Transmission Mount Hardware Installation Kit - Genuine VW KIT-MK7MANHRDWRKIT (trans mount hardware)

Purchased from ECS

Clutch Alignment Tool = Mfg Part #AT126, ES#3437965

Throw-Out Bearing Bolt - Mfg Part #N90847002, N 908 470 02, ES#470959 (new bolts weren't included with the TOB purchased from FCP)

12 Point Socket Head Pressure Plate Bolt - Mfg Part #N90320701, N 903 207 01, ES#4818 (new bolts weren't included with the TTRS PP kit from FCPEuro)

Brake Fluid 500mL DOT4 compliant - Mfg Part #B0007501MDSP, ES#3628353

Dogbone Mount/Pendulum bolts:

Mfg Part #
N91201001, N 912 010 01, ECS Part #ES#2719522

Mfg Part #
N10699401, N 106 994 01, ECS Part #ES#257634

Mfg Part #
N91167101, N 911 671 01, ECS Part #ES#472085

Dropbox link for Vehicle service manuals (torque specs, procedure, etc) = https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f99kqqmv66pryib/AAA5LM_C4H6x4l56StzU9YO9a?dl=0

Clutch Delay Valve removal. A must if you're upgrading clutch (and haven't done so yet) = https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/man...mk7-golf/mk7-golf-clutch-delay-valve-removal/

*had the wrong Trans fluid, removed from list.

Last edited:

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
The Titan gear oil listed above is not recommended for our transmissions. It won't hurt but the shifting will be less than optimal. Might as well do a little research and purchase the correct fluid.

Martin398

Ready to race!
The Titan gear oil listed above is not recommended for our transmissions. It won't hurt but the shifting will be less than optimal. Might as well do a little research and purchase the correct fluid.
I never used it so moot point for me. how is it not recommended? correct weight... just for reference, thanks.

also assuming I did no research, incorrect.

Last edited:

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
I never used it so moot point for me. how is it not recommended? correct weight... just for reference, thanks.

also assuming I did no research, incorrect.

It's not the correct viscosity. In fact, it isn't even remotely close.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
VW gear oil is very thin, its almost straight 75W. I've been running 75W80 and it seems to work well in hot and cold climates.