GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit

exentix

Passed Driver's Ed

Crackness1

Ready to race!
No idea if this link will work, but I got my clutch out and trying to determine if I should run the flywheel or not. My buddy says no, but all the other group's I posted it in say yes....

I don't know one way or another. What I do know: do you want to have to take it all apart again if it causes any issues? Do you want to risk messing up your new clutch?

I don't know how bad my flywheel looks, but before I get to the point where I'm installing a new clutch, a new flywheel will be part of the install, because I don't want to have to do the same job twice (or in my case, pay for the same job a second time).

Ultimately up to you.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v5R_-4rYt2-Y8wBQOoKgpR13Onb1elBT/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16FQV2dtZgd1__tk_gSxmfymh_TUktJ3T/view?usp=drivesdk

No idea if this link will work, but I got my clutch out and trying to determine if I should run the flywheel or not. My buddy says no, but all the other group's I posted it in say yes. It's got 14k miles total, half of them tuned. Slipped a couple times, and took it pretty easy until I could do this install.

In this thread you can compare a fried flywheel with yours:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15664&highlight=Flywheel+spots

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
I would replace it. Only $300 from rock auto, so worth it while you have the trans out. The one in the pictures has quite a few hot spots, and it going to wear out your new disk more quickly.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
So you guys feel like it's safe to run? I'd rather spend that money on a downpipe lol

It's a gamble it can go wrong or not. I took the risk and I reuse mine after 0 slipping stage 1 and some slipping stage 2. 20k miles later nothing to regret but I knew that I was taking my risk with that decision...

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Why would you buy this when it's only 349 for the DMF at FCP Euro with a lifetime warranty?

Was not available at the time of my purchase at FCP :).

Honestly FCP has a deal you cant beat now. I wish I could have waited to get the kit from them. I have had nothing but great experiences from them.

ketoi12345678

Ready to race!
I want to give everybody here a short review on this clutch. It started out was great, until...I got a custom tune on IS38 for my Alltrack. I went to drag race and did about 5 runs. Total launch on this clutch is about 15 times and now every time when I'm in 3rd gear at 3,000 rpm going WOT, it slips all the way to 4,000 rpm than hold up to redline. I think this clutch is a good buy if people don't go drag racing, otherwise look somewhere else. The fix for me is holding the boost until the engine past 4,000 rpm.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
I want to give everybody here a short review on this clutch. It started out was great, until...I got a custom tune on IS38 for my Alltrack. I went to drag race and did about 5 runs. Total launch on this clutch is about 15 times and now every time when I'm in 3rd gear at 3,000 rpm going WOT, it slips all the way to 4,000 rpm than hold up to redline. I think this clutch is a good buy if people don't go drag racing, otherwise look somewhere else. The fix for me is holding the boost until the engine past 4,000 rpm.

If you don’t mind me asking, what tune do you have? Do you know what torque is your engine making?

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Custom Moose tune. I have not dyno it yet, but it should be below 410 ft-lbs since I have 1.8t engine

You should be good, I don’t know what happened but I’m thinking for myself that I can forgot about going big turbo with this clutch

ketoi12345678

Ready to race!
You should be good, I don’t know what happened but I’m thinking for myself that I can forgot about going big turbo with this clutch

Please do not go big turbo with this clutch. You don't want to drop your trans twice, do you? For me right now, it feels like the car has a lot of power but cannot put it on the ground, so what is the point of big hp!?