GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Chicagoland Chat Thread: Now with 150% More Daily Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt-mk6

Ready to race!
Haha yep and that's good!
Lol ya just ask for dave wolhart if you ever get your car serviced there or just let me know if you ever go there and ill txt him lol he don't care about that stuff, like he told me, for instence since he can't tell a car is tuned then it can't void warranty, if it has exhaust its not going to void warraty, if it has intake it won't void warranty since its not going to harm motor so its all good, he was egging me on to get my car tuned and shot done lol

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
that's awesome, thanks man

Matt-mk6

Ready to race!
Holy shit, the snow was bad, in hampshire we got 3 and a half feet! My dad just did my driveway and my neighbors, my uncle is out plowing and said no one is on the road so stay off and if you have 4 wheel drive you better no how to drive, literally if I pulled my gti out right now it would get stuck and be up past the mirrors its that bad put here in the sticks!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
heck yeah, it's fucking brutal out there!!!

Matt-mk6

Ready to race!
lol yes it is! my buddy pulled out a tow truck with his f350 lifted powerstroke last night since it was stuck pulling a car out lol and when he was going home since he lives on a 400 acre farm our other buddy was driving his non lifted powerstroke diesel and got stuck on his driveway lmao and just dragged his truck to the house haha

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^^^ that's crazy shit.

I'm lucky I have awesome neighbors, I was able to borrow a snowblower and am now helping out another neighbor as well. All the while, I'm supposed to be "working from home" and working with the people that work for me, AND the crazy asses in India... not fun. meh... whatever, back outside!

Matt-mk6

Ready to race!
Haha nice man lol, fun shit, my dad is back outside re doingthe driveway and I just called my work and I guess they are opening but I told them im not risking it and ruining my car to drive to work that is 30 minutes away

bigshoulders

Ready to race!
Hey, I'm not in the greater Chicago area, but my favorite band in the world is: Wilco! I figured there might be some Wilco fans that happen to love VWs, just like me. All of my friends in Chicago are going nuts on Facebook posting pictures and sh!t about the "Blizzaster" or "Snowmaggedon" or what have you. It's insane.

Give me a shout if you're into Wilco-- esp. if you'll be going to Solid Sound Festival this year! I can't wait for the summer!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I dig Wilco. A friend of ours has toured and done sound with them. I also took lessons (much later / after I started to play) from the guy who taught the drummer of Wilco.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The roads still suck and people drive like asshats...

bigshoulders

Ready to race!
I dig Wilco. A friend of ours has toured and done sound with them. I also took lessons (much later / after I started to play) from the guy who taught the drummer of Wilco.

Sweet! That would be Glen Kotche, who is a wonder to watch. He is the most intense percussionist I've ever seen perform. He certainly doesn't make it look easy. He had an interactive percussion exhibit at MassMOCA last September, but some asshole sabotaged it. Likewise, Nels had an interactive pedal setup where you could kneel down and play with the pedals in a multiple pedal chain. Very interesting.

I don't envy anyone driving in Chicago these days. I heard it was the 3rd largest snowfall in Chicago history? Insane.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
cool!

yeah, its been pretty shitty out...

Matt-mk6

Ready to race!
Hey gunkata are u having any luck with those license plate lights? I was thinking of ordering some but don't after I saw a post of yours about them

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
They look great and threw no codes for like 2-3 weeks - then last night, started getting a code/bulb out error on the way home from work - who knows... not a biggie, I'll eventually get it vagcom'd out along with the city light codes I've got as well, lol...

oh man, at the Subaru dealership getting the wife's tribeca worked on - just found out we need new control arms, tires, an alignment, etc, etc.. fuck that noise, it will have to wait - I got mods I'M trying to do! LOL...

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
anyone wanna meet up sometime soon? ive been seeing a bunch of mk6's on i-90 the past week. saw a CW with what looked BB catback, plus lowered with rims. then last night saw a black mk6 with rims, didnt looked lowered tho... i have a CW 2010.. we should figure something out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.