GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off-Topic Chat (#3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgmsmg

Passed Driver's Ed
I liked the rawness of my E46, but I can't get over the improvements the E92 brought. A lot of people are hung up on the classic appeal of the E46, and I understand and get it, but I also fell in love with the overall awesomess the E92 offered.

You are exactly right. The e46 was more raw/nimble and I think they did a really good job refining the e92 that it lost the raw feel. From a performance standpoint the e92 was great. I had the opportunity to attend the 2 day BMW performace driving school and we definitely put the M3 through the paces. Interior/exterior wise I think they fell short. The driver seat lost the cockpit feel the e46 had and I think that is why I like the RS5. The seats themselves were very lackluster in the e92 as well. The same goes for the exterior or the e92. The body lines and bumpers just didn't have the same refinement the e46 M3 had. I did love the hood and the CF roof. I always loved the 2003 M3 CSL.

I see the renderings of the new M3/4 and think it is going to be even worse so I went with the RS5. Only time will tell if I feel the same way down the road.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
The lack of natural aspiration turns me off. An M motor is like a Ferrari motor. High revving, raspy and just down right disturbing at 8000+ rpm. I remember feeling like God himself was the maestro of a heavenly orchestra every time I ran my E46 through the wringer and shifted at 8400rpm (I had an ECU flash)

Will the new M3/4 outperform previous generations? I'd hope so. I'm all for progress, but I'm also a sucker for classics.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Bedtime for Rockchops. My one day a week off is tomorrow, gotta hit the gym hard.

sgmsmg

Passed Driver's Ed
The lack of natural aspiration turns me off. An M motor is like a Ferrari motor. High revving, raspy and just down right disturbing at 8000+ rpm. I remember feeling like God himself was the maestro of a heavenly orchestra every time I ran my E46 through the wringer and shifted at 8400rpm (I had an ECU flash)

Will the new M3/4 outperform previous generations? I'd hope so. I'm all for progress, but I'm also a sucker for classics.

I completely agree. That was another appeal of the RS5.

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
Just wrote a song about my mk2, its very sad, I think it will go well with a blues tune. No mention of me needing to get laid either, just all about my Volkswagen.

xtremequicksand9

Ready to race!
Just wrote a song about my mk2, its very sad, I think it will go well with a blues tune. No mention of me needing to get laid either, just all about my Volkswagen.

I could never write a sad song about one of my cars. My car is like an old friend, I would want to pay tribute.

I would write a glorious drinking song of its many accomplishments. Its fanatical battles against many, many many, many many many young, impressionable teenage boys in slightly modified automatic Japanese imports older than they are. It's epic drives across the North, South, East, and Mid-west coasts like I was my own 1 man Gumball Rally. Oh the memories...

And then as the song came to an end, and the music faded out, I would shed a single tear, a manly tear, and quietly walk off.

Post up your song. I bet its great!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Noob who comes to the forum for information.

Checks top posters.
PMs Gunkata......Wtf Audi A3?
PMs Grambles.....Wtf MKV?

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
My friend said he heard my cars gear changes while we were driving. He was in another car and now I'm worried.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Modding has begun on the MK7's

Status
Not open for further replies.